jetter purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetter purchase

I'm thinking of buying a 10gpm 3000psi skid jetter with 200gal tank from american jetter anyone ever had any experience with this company i don't want to spend 9 grand on something that will be junk in a year if i can help it thanks in advance

Re: jetter purchase

If they give you a choice go 8GPM and higher pressure say 3200 or so, it will increase your speed on roots, but if you are doing grease lines then stay with the 10GPM 3000psi. American jetter is supposed to be a good company but I have not bought from them though they where my 2nd choice.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

see what cam spray has to offer. i'm in the process of adding a second pump and engine to my jetter. i'm doing something a little different.

i'll add a 27 hp. 4000# @ 7gpm pump to go along with my 24 hp. 2500# 10.5 jetter.

this will give me an option to run 4000# @ 7 or 2500 at 10.5 or combined 2500 at 17.5 gpm by adjusting the connections to the unloader of choice.

give them a call at 800-648-5011 www.camspray.com ask for bill

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

i was talking to the guy from northwest jetter just a bit ago and they have a cart jetter that is 7.5 gpm and 4000psi with a 24hp honda which i like better than a kohler do yall think this would be ok for roots i was thinking about a 3/8" warthog my main jobs are 4"-6" with roots and grease they also have the same cart with 8.5gpm and 3500psi oh there are too many options i just want something that is best for my needs without buying junk

Comment

Northwest jetter is where I bought my jetter I don't really like what I got, they sold me my warthog at the same time and it was jetted wrong and they charged me foe new tips even though it was there fault, 2nd they standard tips I got where the wrong size as well so now I order my stuff elsewhere and the prices are way better. I like the big Koehler motors the only problems they have are some carb issues but I think that is just random. Honda makes good motors up to 16hp the bigger Hondas are not as solid as their smaller motors.
          But I do like the specs of 7.5 GPM 4000 psi for roots. Plus the shipping to the east coast my be a factor.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My local small engine guy says he does not like the Kohler "Command" line of small engines so I'm going to end up going Honda since he is gonna be the one working on it

He also states the Kohler bought a small diesel engine company called Lombardini who make the best small diesel engines in the would so if you are going diesel buy a Kohler

Comment

alright american jetter has 3 i'm looking at a7gpm at 4000psi an 8 gpm at 3500 and a 10gpm at 3000 which pressure and flow would be better for roots and grease with a 3/8" warthog up to 300 feet

Comment

Hold the phone. You can buy a 24hp Honda 8 gpm pressure washer from water Cannon for 3200.00. Another thousand in hose and reels and your in business. This is the way I went. I was not going to pay 3 grand for bad welding. DO YOURSELF a favor call and buy a big washer from Water Cannon. Call AJ Coleaman for a Worthog and save yourself five grand. A big unit like that is too heavy to be fooling around with all the time. Put it on a trailer or in a van. I think a tank is a must on any that big. These machines are great units. Shop around, a trip to the farm shop and BAM it done.

Comment

is water cannon good stuff? website kinda looked like a big box store they sell everything

Comment

Watercannon is great good stuff. I'm building my next jetter with them.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Its all the same for the most part. The biggest differance between a mid sized "jetter" and large pressure washer is price. They have a book that is better than the web site. It seems once you call a pressure washer a jetter it worth twice as much. A honda motor is a honda motor. I'm sure there are nice units out there, just dont buy nine thousand dollar pressure washer. It seems to be a popular thing to do. Build jetters out of larger pressure washers. Call water Cannon and they will walk you though all the fittings, they have more stuff than you know what to do with. I just ordered a bunch of fittings and gaskets from them. Find out what motor and pump, brand and size are on what your looking at. Call them and I bet they have the same stuff at a better price. I was real close to have someone build me jetter then another pumper told me about water cannon. One phone call and that was it. They dont have great nozzles, but thumb though Cleaner, there are tons of place to buy nozzles. 8gpm @3500 psi with a Worthog cut roots like nobodys business. The Worthog will pull 300 plus feet on a straight shot. It makes the set up in my book.

Comment

if you've got the time and are interested, just buy the pump and engine and make your own. Then you get to lay it out just how you like, with the engine you like, the pump you like, the reel you like etc. It's easy, just depends if you've got the time.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

water cannon is fine, but when it came time for a price quote, cam spray was less expensive and as far as i know, no one else has a 27hp. honda yet.

they are going to flip the connections, and exhaust so that my 2 pumps will face each other. with any luck between my design and their product, we might have a new line of jetters that give both the option of high pressure, and high volume, with a choice between cutting and flushing.

cam spray has been around a long time and they also private label for other companies.

i'm looking forward to test out my design.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Another place that I found for unloaders and tips and hose is
                            http://www.pressureparts.com
                            I go between them and watercannon for parts for close outs and prices.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

so this is what i gather from yall 7gpm @4000psi is more effective on roots with a warthog than say 8gpm@ 3500psi or 11.5gpm@ 2700psi is that right?

Comment

Working...
                              X