X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red wood septic tanks

If Eddie was alive He'd be about 90 years. He use to build redwood septic tanks on the builders job site. I asked if holes were dug with a back hoe. Eddie smiled and said
    " NORWEGIAN STEAM " making a shoveling motion ! Bless You Eddie " The Awesome generation " I'm spoiled rotten these days. Any one here ever encounter these tanks ??
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Red wood septic tanks

I've seen a couple of old farms with a "studebaker" tank.

I don't see why a wooden tank wouldn't see along life.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Also seen one made from railroad ties.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

My cousin Had an 800 acre camping park Each trailer hookup was a 55 gal drum with no bottom holes and gravel. Cape Cod ALL SAND
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

not redwood this is indiana. but native timber, yes. cars or trucks. whatever was there to use. breid..................

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            I've seen a couple of old farms with a "studebaker" tank.

I don't see why a wooden tank wouldn't see along life.
            I've been told of buried auto septics on the Cape before. Does anyone know how it was all done? My guess windows in place, hole in roof for inlet. Many holes in sheet metal to perk out , surrounded with drain rock .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              I've been told of buried auto septics on the Cape before. Does anyone know how it was all done? My guess windows in place, hole in roof for inlet. Many holes in sheet metal to perk out , surrounded with drain rock .
              Just remember to roll down the windows first.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by jcsplumbing View Post
                just remember to roll down the windows first.

j.c.
                wow this was green! May stop global warming!

Comment

I'm told that a town near here still has some wood mains, don't know if sewer or water.

I've yet to see a wood tank, or a car tank. I've seen a septic that was just a 55 gal drum planted in mining tails.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    The one I was told about had the pipe shoved through the side window into the VW bug then buried.
                    Charles

Comment

I found one with a wood plank lid. Another that was like a Tetris piece. It was made out of who know's what the HO had at the time. Lot's and lots of poured in place tanks. Most of which still have the forms left inside to piss me off.
                      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Never saw one Myself. Eddie told Me about them. Here's one from Cape Cod about 50 Years
                        Ago. My older cousin Use to Hand dig the cesspool Holes for new homes. It's all sand there.
                        He'd also Hand set all the blocks, They came in a Radius Kit coning smaller as You laid them.
                        Labor $25.00

Comment

Dad was a building contractor (before he started pumping)as was his dad. When he worked for grandpa they used a guy they called Oly the mole. He'd dig the septic tank hole (1000 gallon tank) and set the forms in one day, pour the next. I've dug alot of tanks up in the area they were working (probably some of Oly's tanks), it is brutal. It's nearly all rock with just enough dirt in between to call it soil. That guy must have been an animal! Must be why they called him "the mole"!
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
                          X