X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? hot water jetter ???

Has anyone ever seen or used a hot water sewer jeter . I thought cold was better I have been using a harbon jetter for 10 years now looking at a new one and ran across this http://www.camspray.com/cam_spray_tr...ter-p-319.html so anyone use one ? and are they any better or are thay.Thanks
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Re: ??? hot water jetter ???

I don't carry tanks, and run off a hose bib. When I can, I like to hook onto domestic hot.

Better for grease, better for ice, about the same for most other things. Keeps the machine and hoses from wanting to freeze.

Theoretically hard on the pump, but my experience doesn't bear that out. Does make a warthog nozzle spin faster and need oil more often.

Makes the hose more pliable, which is sometimes good and sometimes bad.

Makes the low pressure supply hose pretty soft. Very hot water from a central boiler system can blow those up or do other odd things; had one suck flat after I shut down and then freeze flat. Came back on next job seems to be fine.

As far as a burner after the pump, which is the way you are supposed to run hot, I don't want to pull a trailer and a burner in the van is not really an option.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

no need for 1 in sunny/ southern calif

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I use my hot water pressure washer all the time, often I do not use the burner but it is handy. The draw back is usually the gpm are limited due to the burner unless you buy a large one which is very expensive. In my area it works great for frozen lines, frozen storm drains and basins. It also cleans the trucks up nicely. For grease it does clear it well, the only place I use it on are restaurants that have a properly sized grease interceptor. With mine I am using 3.5 gpm that the interceptor will handle. I have put the camera down after the interceptor and there has been no build up there. An option for you would to buy a "hot box" that is a portable burner that connects after the jetter, adjust gpm for size of burner (available at water cannon).

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Plumbing View Post
          I use my hot water pressure washer all the time, often I do not use the burner but it is handy. The draw back is usually the gpm are limited due to the burner unless you buy a large one which is very expensive. In my area it works great for frozen lines, frozen storm drains and basins. It also cleans the trucks up nicely. For grease it does clear it well, the only place I use it on are restaurants that have a properly sized grease interceptor. With mine I am using 3.5 gpm that the interceptor will handle. I have put the camera down after the interceptor and there has been no build up there. An option for you would to buy a "hot box" that is a portable burner that connects after the jetter, adjust gpm for size of burner (available at water cannon).
          that sounds like a good idea thanks going to look into that
          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

If you are jetting a line that is full o fgrease and you are using a hot water jet...true it may clean the pipe faster but that grease will just resolidify further down the line and cause more problems, where a cold water jet will take the grease out in chunks and it floats away.......Just my opinion!

Comment

Working...
            X