X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease Killed the Cable

So just a few minutes ago I was talking with a company owner out in Florida. He was a really nice guy sounded very experienced and he told me that he had several grease lines that are clogged up and hard as a rock in a few lines he has been working on. One line had gotten so hard that it broke his grease head off a 7/8 cable for his K-60. He sounded shocked when he was describing it to me and I was as well. I have a suspicion that it was one of you guys......even thought the guy didn't say?? None the less it was a cool story and he goes on to tell me that the owners had been using draino so there was large hole in the pipe where the clog was and the draino just eat right through the pipe.

I thought it was an interesting story. I guess all the grease build up is because of an unusually cold winter.

Re: Grease Killed the Cable

i've seen grease & drain cleaning chemicals create an almost cement like mass. WTF are people thinking?

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
      i've seen grease & drain cleaning chemicals create an almost cement like mass. WTF are people thinking?

steve
      People haven't a clue. I always teach.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I can only think to myself WTF!!!! But when the lines have to get cut out I can show them what they did to themselves. Either way it the line will be opened up.

Had one around Thanksgiving last year, Tried to clear the lav drain from the roof, no go. Then tried thru the lav, no go. Pulled the trap and do luck. Go into the crawl space (belly crawl and hope you did not forget anything) cut drain apart and it is like concrete. Schedule for the following week , get back and the HO says it is really like concrete in there, he tried to put it back together. Finish cutting it out and repipe and all is good.

Comment

at least when it's that solid it doesn't smell nearly as bad

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

ummm...

jetter, anyone?
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

grease is also an acid. it will corrode pipes.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                ummm...

jetter, anyone?

Ya, he tried that and just put a larger hole in the all ready damaged pipe

Comment

Working...
                X