X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stair Climbers.....

hey asss. rick jawed me into a k-60. got a used one off ebay. paid for in 3 jobs plus change. my guess is that you are resistant to a sectional machine because the company you are buying has drums. breid........

Comment

keep the cables in a motorcycle tires, and carry them down separate.

most of the homes here are slab.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        Hello all,

I'm 3 weeks new to the residential sewer and drain cleaning business. I'm thinking about possibly taking over the business of my friend who recently passed away.

95% of the cleanouts are in the basement around here and the older model (1980's) 180 pound General drum machine is hell to lift back up the stairs by myself.

How much of a load does the "stair climber" take off when going back up the stairs and how does this feature work ?

ThanX

Gary
        not sure of the van you drive but if its a ford or chevy van with a side door I have a 2000lbs winch mounted in there to load the main line machine helps with loading and unloading at least
        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

fleat has superwhinches cheap under $100.00
          http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...dsuper%2bwinch
          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Buy a bigger Jetter. If you have that much work hire a guy, you keep your job. Raise the rates and bam you could sit in the hot tub all day. I would get a K60 or a jetter to lighten the load. Pretty hard to up charge for the million dollar hand truck. Train a part time helper too.

Comment

I think a power stair climber on my machine would be perfect. I have been thinking about trying to build one. As it is now I take my machine apart to get it up and down stairs. I've tried the K60. I like the K60 and would like to get one. But man do I like to sit on my bucket and let the machine do the work. Seems a motorized climber would be a big hit for us guys that are up and down stairs all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                i have an electric stair climbing aluminum dolly. works great for water heaters, but i doubt you're going to like to use it for a drain machine.

http://www.escalera.com/models/index.htm

i have the 1200# 72'' model.

rick.
                I was thinking more for water heaters, boilers, etc more than drain machines.

I can't seem to get a price on any of the ones online that i've looked at.

There's one with tires I was looking at (little plastic wheels don't work in a snowy driveway)... i'll try to find the link and put it up.

Comment

Get help, or go sectional. I hate sectional, but if I had to go up and down one flight of steps a day everyday, I would buy a sectional JUST for that. Man my back is worth way more than some business. And even if you pay 2000 for it, that is only 20 jobs to pay for it. if you are doing 5 a day, that is 4 days, and you will thank yourself later.

If you are so resistant to sectional, then get a helper, if you are still to cheap to do that, enjoy your back 20 years from now....
                  My avatar, is every mans wet dream, don't lie. We all know you ride the bedroom moped

Comment

Working...
                  X