Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric Eel model CT or machines like it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Eel model CT or machines like it.

I saw that mr bonds has one and was going to message him when I decided that a thread would be able to help everyone out :-)

What is everyone's opinion on this machine? It looks like a great machine for small drains but I have a few questions.

Can you easily swap out cables? I like how with the supervee you can open up the drum and swap out the "cartridge" and away you go within minutes.

Does the auto feed work all that well and can you use it on smaller cables like 1/4"?

Also, how easy is it to change the RPMs? I'm used to using a supervee and sometimes I like to power down and go slowly and also sometimes speed up obviously.

It seems like an awesome machine because it has auto feed, variable RPM's, a foot pedal, and a guide hose to keep things clean.

Last question. Is there anything cheaper or better for this application? I'm basically looking for something that could completely replace a supervee but is less stressful on hands/wrists. Cleaner usage is a plus.

Re: Electric Eel model CT or machines like it.

Originally posted by Mr. Ooter View Post
    I saw that mr bonds has one and was going to message him when I decided that a thread would be able to help everyone out :-)

What is everyone's opinion on this machine? It looks like a great machine for small drains but I have a few questions.

Can you easily swap out cables? I like how with the supervee you can open up the drum and swap out the "cartridge" and away you go within minutes.

Does the auto feed work all that well and can you use it on smaller cables like 1/4"?

Also, how easy is it to change the RPMs? I'm used to using a supervee and sometimes I like to power down and go slowly and also sometimes speed up obviously.

It seems like an awesome machine because it has auto feed, variable RPM's, a foot pedal, and a guide hose to keep things clean.

Last question. Is there anything cheaper or better for this application? I'm basically looking for something that could completely replace a supervee but is less stressful on hands/wrists. Cleaner usage is a plus.
    I have not used this ether but now that I know about it thanks to your post I think it looks like something I might add to my colection
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

its 100% better than a hanheld machine installing the cable is just like installing in the model s eel or the milwaukee small machine the auto feed on the ct also works great i like it because it is at the beginning of the guide hose instead of the exit this keeps it from bunching up in the hose in my opinion i have 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 inch cable for mine the speed is controlled by a round dial on the side of the machine which is nice

Comment

A friend of mine has the spartan version of the ct and he swears by it. I have a general power vee with a stand that gives you the counter top set up with out the hose of course and it makes things a lot easier. I used to have a k40 about a year ago and it sucked.

Comment

I've seen the spartan one but it doesn't look like it has variable speeds and also the spartan salesman told me it was a piece of garbage. He told me the auto feed is horrible and breaks all the time. He then recommended the 81 for small drains. The 81 does seem nice because of how small it is and also because you can easily change the drums.

This was over a year ago so maybe they've changed it by now

Comment

The Ridgid K-40 is their equivalent to the Eel CT. I've never used one, but I see them around.

Ask Plumber Rick how he feels about his K-40

I use a K-50 with the drum adapters and 1/4" or 5/16" cable. The K-50 with all the adapters is a machine that can truly handle any indoor drain.

I personally think that autofeeders on small drains are not very useful. I like to know exactly how much cable I've pushed in.

SewerRatz has a thread going on his eel model N. That's another great all around machine.

Comment

Working...
            X