X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 Lovers.....

Are you guys using these machines indoors on a regular basis ? If so how are you containing the regular and sometimes black greasy mess ?

I can see where these would be OK for outside use but here in Wisconsin 95% of the jobs I get are in basements with many of them having nice carpeted floors.

Re: k-60 Lovers.....

95% off the cleanouts i do are indoors! Thats when i love to use it, indoors or on a roof! If I get an outside cleanout i use the electric eel!

The rear guide hose keeps it clean!

Go to the k-60 area and just browse the many threads of the k-60 with the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      Are you guys using these machines indoors on a regular basis ? If so how are you containing the regular and sometimes black greasy mess ?

I can see where these would be OK for outside use but here in Wisconsin 95% of the jobs I get are in basements with many of them having nice carpeted floors.
      What are you talking about? There is none. They are cleaner than a drum and faster.

Plumber Rick will be posting a video soon.

J.C.

Comment

I use drum and sectional and they are the same mess just handled differently. On a drum the only part of the cable exposed is the section between the drain and the machine. On a sectional the only cable that is exposed is between the cable and the machine. I use cloth drop clothes on both but add a terry cloth rag on the sectional. If the cable in the sectional cage ends up to messy I wrap it in the drop cloth to carry it out.

Mark

BTW: Plumber Rick is on a jetting job right now then we are all going to meet for dinner and to pick on Joey.
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Tell Mr. Rick I'm waiting for the HD with surround. And I'm very glad that Mrs. J. is back to her hateful self.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Tell Mr. Rick I'm waiting for the HD with surround. And I'm very glad that Mrs. J. is back to her hateful self.

J.C.
            She's is not quite back yet. Tonight will be an experiment of sorts.

Mark

Comment

No Thai. Thats what I had last night.

J.C.

Comment

No picking on Miss Joey! Pick on Rick its more fun
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

K60 or 1500 or drum, use a drop cloth(I use one with a plastic/rubber top) and often I will use another cloth one on top. After clearing the blockage, run water if possible, and when pulling cable back on a sectional, wipe it off with a rag to clean it. The drum machine can be just as messy as a sectional, it is more the operator taking the prep time to have an easy clean up job. I too got tired of hauling the drum machine up and down tight rickety stairs by myself. It is, however perfect for some jobs. I still prefer the 1500 over the 60.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                    Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    No picking on Miss Joey! Pick on Rick its more fun
                    Joey looked great and we all had a good time. I think the outing did her good.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      we are all going to meet for dinner and to pick on Joey.

And pick on me you did! I am way, way better than I was. Still not totally better but I am on the mend and done being sick soon, hopefully!
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                      X