X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever get tired...

...of having to go through the motions even when you already know?

Got called for a floor drain. Was thinking main line befor I even rolled out. Pull in and wtf is that excavator doing parked on the far side of the building? I mean, you just know. But I make sure that, yes, its a main line, and throw the jetter in, and sure enough hit a brick wall about 90' out, which is the right distance. And shove the camera in and locate it, and sure enough it's right on the edge of what's been dug and nicely compacted and backfilled for whatever reason.

And call the excavator, which I'm so happy that I recognize the machine, and tell him I think he needs to get back over here and open this hole again even though it's Saturday and I bet you stayed late last night to get this buttoned up. And spend time on the phone smoothing feathers and being diplomatic and noncommital because I know this guy, and he's all right. And 4 1/2 hours later, because I stick to be a d1 operator and make sure I'm right, it's handled when I could have rolled out after 5 min.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Do you ever get tired...

even though you "know" sometimes you have to "prove" to the client what's going on.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

So...Question.
      General contractor hires excavator.
      Hires you to work hourly in conjunction.
      Do you provide eyes to watch for wyes,I can guarantee he doesn't want to pay to have someone watch his guy.

Had it happen to me.
      I was working with excavator watching for tie-ins setting grade on a firm base.
      General wanted me to go and run pipe.
      "You got it"

Wye got missed.
      Tried to blame me.

I won't let it get this far again.

Comment

dirty

i have had the owner tell the gc in no uncertain terms that i would watch and that gc would be charged back. real unhappy gc. i work for owner, too bad. breid...........

Comment

ace

i like the money. i get paid to watch. hard to beat. breid...............

Comment

just had one of those cases last week!!!!Our local hospital has a new emergency room add being built as we speak.(I didn't even get to bid pay back is hell)I had the same drain back up in the MRI suite 3 times in 2 wks. Tried to get them to camera, but no funds are tight right now.They callled again, same drain stopped up.I tried to cable and all I brought back was mud!!!!Sent the camera down to get a locate at the bad spot(could not see because line was still holding water). Wouldn't you know the new construction plumber had just laid a new sewer main and took out the drain.They did a bang up job putting my drain line back together.When I dug up my locate the GC, hospital admin, and the new plumber was standing there when I uncovered their screw up. Victory is sweet men.Then my mouth shot off I hope the rest of this job goes that well , Yall will keep me busy for a while.

Comment

Working...
            X