X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pressure washer for conversion

How are you all doing? I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone would know which pressure washers make the best conversion to a jetter? I am looking to buy a washer off of craigslist or something in hopes of converting it? what type of horse power and psi should I look for? Are electric types a viable option? I would be using it for residential mains mostly and the majority of the lines here are cast or abs. Thanks in advance for your input.

Re: Best pressure washer for conversion

tungstun, welcome to the forum

an electric would be useless for your application. unless all you want to do is 1.5'' and 2 '' kitchen lines from indoors. 2 hp motor will trip most breakers under load.

a good starter unit for most is 13hp 3000psi @ 4gpm. with the right nozzle/ root ranger, it will cut roots pretty fast when it's properly aimed at them. a camera makes it easy to do that.

the major difference between a pressure washer and a jetter other than the hoses and nozzles is the pulsation valve. a good foot operated safety valve will do almost as good as a pulsate valve. a foot valve is a safety must and allows you to control the water and keep both hands free for working the hose. a spray gun can be used, but it takes 1 free hand to operate it. a pulsation valve can be added to most pumps.

read the drain cleaning section as there has been dozens and dozens of jetter related topics posted there.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      tungstun, welcome to the forum

an electric would be useless for your application. unless all you want to do is 1.5'' and 2 '' kitchen lines from indoors. 2 hp motor will trip most breakers under load.

a good starter unit for most is 13hp 3000psi @ 4gpm. with the right nozzle/ root ranger, it will cut roots pretty fast when it's properly aimed at them. a camera makes it easy to do that.

the major difference between a pressure washer and a jetter other than the hoses and nozzles is the pulsation valve. a good foot operated safety valve will do almost as good as a pulsate valve. a foot valve is a safety must and allows you to control the water and keep both hands free for working the hose. a spray gun can be used, but it takes 1 free hand to operate it. a pulsation valve can be added to most pumps.

read the drain cleaning section as there has been dozens and dozens of jetter related topics posted there.

rick.
      Thanks for your reply. I actually just searched the forum and discovered a ton of information. So a electric washer would be an option for indoor applications? And how would I get around the whole tripping breakers problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten Plumbing View Post
        Thanks for your reply. I actually just searched the forum and discovered a ton of information. So a electric washer would be an option for indoor applications? And how would I get around the whole tripping breakers problem?
        For my electric jetter that draws 20 amps this is a problem for me too.
        But I quickly solved this problem with a 20 amp converter. It plugs into drier outlets or stove outlets Many homes up here don't have the 20amp
        outlet required for most electric jetters
        Here is a picture of the converter it's by Mytee a cleaning industrial company.
        The electric jetters are good for small drains. most off the shelf pressure washers lack pulse action like Rick said and don't have a higher GPM like sewer jetters.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-28-2010, 01:20 PM.
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Could you suggest an option thats not too expensive. Im newly licensed and capital is kind of tight right now but I want to be able to give my customers the option of jetting as well as cabling. I have all general drain cleaning equipment now a speed rooter 91, a mini rooter and a power vee with a stand for the small lines. I like the design of the ridgid machines but I was able to get these at a great price.

Comment

My electric jetter is from watercannon
            here's a link Had my for 4 years now no problems
            http://www.watercannon.com/pc-548-6-...-ej2015-g.aspx
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
            X