X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Dragon Tools

I was on ebay looking for a k-60 and ran across a company called steel dragon tools. I wonder if ridgid has ever heard of them because it looks like they took all of ridgids designs and made knock offs of them. They make k-50's, k'60's and 1500's and they label them as such. They even say you could use ridgid cables and parts . Have any of you ever heard of them?

Re: Steel Dragon Tools

I think someone else posted photos of them last summer.

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=ridgid+knock

Try this thread

Comment

Thanks for the link to the thread

Comment

Dont touch them as you cant get parts.

Comment

I been getting brochures for about two years now and they are crap but have a look at this web site www.plumbtool.com.au

Tony

Comment

I keep getting the same brochures sent out as AFM and I wouldn't buy any of it, it all looks cheap and crap!

Comment

I looked to see where this stuff was made. Dosent look to be USA

Comment

I looked to see where this stuff was made. Dosent look to be USA

Welcome to the United States of China

Comment

I dont plan on buying a knock off... Im going to buy a real k-60 i've found that you get what you pay for in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                      Welcome to the United States of China
                      Welcome Comrade

Tony

Comment

AFM did you find contact details for the web site you posted. Isnt it a little suspicious. I know they use PAYPAL but...............!!!!!!

I trust that most plumbers, let me correct that, Licensed Master Plumbers who are smart and legitimate contractors will give this a very wide berth. I know at the moment down under at the Big Green Sheds they are prostituting pvc prices beyond but it is the same BGS that got caught with its pants down on copper tube which had which stamp of authority on it????????????????

So back to the grind stone. I find it amazing how they treat us with contempt in regards to quality over price.

Another topic for another time would be what level of responsibilty do the Plumbers/Contractors have when it comes to supply of goods. Here it is up to us to ensure its compliance otherwise we are responsible.

Comment

So back to the grind stone. I find it amazing how they treat us with contempt in regards to quality over price.

Another topic for another time would be what level of responsibilty do the Plumbers/Contractors have when it comes to supply of goods. Here it is up to us to ensure its compliance otherwise we are responsible.[/QUOTE]

Cleanmen2 im constantly putting up with people in the western suburbs trying to get me to install indonesian, malaysian and chinese crap tapware and vanitys etc and all i can do is look for the water mark.
                          At the end of the day if it aint got it dont install it.
                          I wish someone from the plumbing commission would help protect their one and only source of income and wipe this shite off the market!!!!!!!!
                          All protection goes to the consumer and nill to the licensed plumber.
                          no good

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post

Another topic for another time would be what level of responsibilty do the Plumbers/Contractors have when it comes to supply of goods. Here it is up to us to ensure its compliance otherwise we are responsible.
                            Cleanmen2 im constantly putting up with people in the western suburbs trying to get me to install indonesian, malaysian and chinese crap tapware and vanitys etc and all i can do is look for the water mark.
                            At the end of the day if it aint got it dont install it.
                            I wish someone from the plumbing commission would help protect their one and only source of income and wipe this shite off the market!!!!!!!!
                            All protection goes to the consumer and nill to the licensed plumber.
                            no good[/QUOTE]

I also make a point if I don`t buy it I don`t install it but sometimes you have to and I get a written document taking no responsibility for the materials that they have supplied.
                            I only buy materials from my plumbing supplier like Burdens who I can go back to if something goes wrong and that is why I am prepared to pay extra and buy Ridgid sewer and darinage machines as you get a real guarantee and that counts I'm not running a handyman business
                            I'm in it to make a profit.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                              AFM did you find contact details for the web site you posted. Isnt it a little suspicious. I know they use PAYPAL but...............!!!!!!

I trust that most plumbers, let me correct that, Licensed Master Plumbers who are smart and legitimate contractors will give this a very wide berth. I know at the moment down under at the Big Green Sheds they are prostituting pvc prices beyond but it is the same BGS that got caught with its pants down on copper tube which had which stamp of authority on it????????????????

I`ve been in the game to long and I am not a Master Plumber anymore just a licensed Plumber as it is just a name something to buy and means nothing and dosen't represent the micro plumbing businesses in Melbourne but the large ones and your right all those greeney Plumbers that pay the Master Plumbers Association for the previlege of being one is a joke are just a con
                              on the unwearing customer don`t get me started.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X