X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innercore wire

Does it float with No attachment at either end ? Is it full length or a little less ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Innercore wire

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Does it float with No attachment at either end ? Is it full length or a little less ?
    Depends on the cable and type of inner core. most 3/4" cables it just floats and gives the cable something to torque down on. the Magnum cables .55 and .66 the inner core cable is attached to each end, and when the cable torques up the inner core which is a opposite wound cable tries to unwind as the duel outer cables tighten, which makes the cable get stiffer faster as well builds torque quicker. This is why you can only buy the .66 and .55 cables in 50' lengths or less. Eel cable has the inner core cable attached at the ends to help maintain stiffness of the sectional cable.

I hope this response was clear enough and helped.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Re: Innercore wire I keep learning

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Depends on the cable and type of inner core. most 3/4" cables it just floats and gives the cable something to torque down on. the Magnum cables .55 and .66 the inner core cable is attached to each end, and when the cable torques up the inner core which is a opposite wound cable tries to unwind as the duel outer cables tighten, which makes the cable get stiffer faster as well builds torque quicker. This is why you can only buy the .66 and .55 cables in 50' lengths or less. Eel cable has the inner core cable attached at the ends to help maintain stiffness of the sectional cable.

I hope this response was clear enough and helped.
      Thanks ,Your Knowledge is impressive. Welded the I.C. to one end doing a repair. Mistake. After loading about 40' of 100
      It got rod like. I grabbed the loose end and snapped the weld inside. All is well and fixed
      Proper. It sure was funny at the time.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Innercore wire I keep learning

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        Thanks ,Your Knowledge is impressive. Welded the I.C. to one end doing a repair. Mistake. After loading about 40' of 100
        It got rod like. I grabbed the loose end and snapped the weld inside. All is well and fixed
        Proper. It sure was funny at the time.
        I got a laugh...till my side started to hurt
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Re: Innercore wire

Good, We all need to laugh these days. The 3/8" Got progressively harder to load in the drum. Then I lifted about 15 ' straight out like a giant Hard on! Wow Mama!

Comment

Working...
          X