Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

    Sure like My General super Vee. Rugged set up! check it out up at Tool UP
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

      another vote for the K-50

      steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

        If you find a "pistol" style machine cumbersome or awkward, then go with a K-50. A bigger investment, but 1 machine will probably last you decades (with proper care).

        The K-50 with the optional drum adapters can handle ANY residential or light commercial interior drain up to 4" in diameter. Period. Game over. Do not pass go. It can spin 5/8" open wound for augering cleaning action or spin 1/4", 5/16" or 3/8" cable in a drum with a hand clutch for safety and control.

        Plus it does impress customer as it looks more like a professional rig and not something that they could buy at the Cheapo big box stores.

        It's the best of both worlds sectional and drum with clutch.

        The Eel model N sounds like a great option too, but I have never used one.

        that's my $0.02

        (not to be confused with 0.02 cents, in a completely unrelated tangent: if you don't know what I mean, check out the blog by this guy who got misquoted for international cell rates by verizon http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/ )

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

          Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          If you find a "pistol" style machine cumbersome or awkward, then go with a K-50. A bigger investment, but 1 machine will probably last you decades (with proper care).

          The K-50 with the optional drum adapters can handle ANY residential or light commercial interior drain up to 4" in diameter. Period. Game over. Do not pass go. It can spin 5/8" open wound for augering cleaning action or spin 1/4", 5/16" or 3/8" cable in a drum with a hand clutch for safety and control.

          Plus it does impress customer as it looks more like a professional rig and not something that they could buy at the Cheapo big box stores.

          It's the best of both worlds sectional and drum with clutch.

          The Eel model N sounds like a great option too, but I have never used one.

          that's my $0.02

          (not to be confused with 0.02 cents, in a completely unrelated tangent: if you don't know what I mean, check out the blog by this guy who got misquoted for international cell rates by verizon http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/ )
          Somebody get Utah a tissue.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

            Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Somebody get Utah a tissue.
            LOL-How many years have I been saying that? My first K-50 was purchased 35-years ago and it is still my favorite machine.

            Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

              K 50. That is one very versatile machine

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

                Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                LOL-How many years have I been saying that? My first K-50 was purchased 35-years ago and it is still my favorite machine.

                Mark
                If You hadn't bought that K-50, Rick would still be pushing rocks around like a
                A CAVE MAN !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

                  Folks, I believe the bars been set with K-50 Ridgid industry standard piece of equipment. I'm shocked I haven't heard nada for the Spartan 100?, Either unit will perform as expected, I always been partical to
                  my Supervee's and other General equipment. I'm sure this topic will continue on. Maybe the topic should be for "the best in value, and
                  longevity in equipment for 1 1/2" & 2" dain lines".

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

                    tally one more vote for the good old k-50
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

                      here is a job photo and story from yesterdays 7 shower cleanings from a new account at a high end gym.

                      prior plumber had been cleaning the showers with a 1/4'' cable as per their invoices. 2 showers were plugged in the a week since they've been there.

                      i looked at the plumbing layout in the parking garage below and determined that the 2'' shower drain only needed a 7.5' section of 5/8'' cable to properly clean it as it then dumped into a common 3'' main below serving some toilets.

                      so i grab my k-50 with 1 section of cable, and my 4 blade cutter. cleaned 4 showers in the men's and 3 showers in the women's in less than 30 minutes. i was under the gun as the girls were waiting for me to exit their haven

                      rick.



                      k-50 with 5/8'' cable and 4 blade cutter.



                      my catch of hair brought back. remember that these 7 showers were snaked a week ago by the other plumber and his 1/4'' cable.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-10-2010, 07:21 AM.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        here is a job photo and story from yesterdays 7 shower cleanings from a new account at a high end gym.

                        prior plumber had been cleaning the showers with a 1/4'' cable as per their invoices. 2 showers were plugged in the a week since they've been there.

                        i looked at the plumbing layout in the parking garage below and determined that the 2'' shower drain only needed a 7.5' section of 5/8'' cable to properly clean it as it then dumped into a common 3'' main below serving some toilets.

                        so i grab my k-50 with 1 section of cable, and my 4 blade cutter. cleaned 4 showers in the men's and 3 showers in the women's in less than 30 minutes. i was under the gun as the girls were waiting for me to exit their haven

                        rick.



                        k-50 with 5/8'' cable and 4 blade cutter.



                        my catch of hair brought back. remember that these 7 showers were snaked a week ago by the other plumber and his 1/4'' cable.
                        Nice job. But that amount of hair could have built back up again in no time
                        If you take the amount of people showering over a weeks time.
                        I agree more than a 1/4 inch cable would have been needed for this commercial drain not like a typical house shower drain were 1/4 inch is fine. I bet that 1/4 inch was his only cable for small drains
                        Rod
                        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                        http://unclognh.com
                        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                        Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

                          would 3/8" or 1/2" cable from My K- 375 made it past that 2" trap ? Thanks Tool
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

                            I do 2" traps with 3/8" cable. Wouldn't even try with 1/2".
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

                              Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              The Electric Eel Model N, it can easly do 1 1/4 to 3" lines
                              I've never even used it, but kind of like this one and trust your opinion. Dreaming of owning one.

                              J.C.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

                                No votes for the K-40 ? Anyone have a picture of a K-50 with the drum adapter ? Can the K-50 be set up with the K-40 guide hose autofeed ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X