No announcement yet.

Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

Speaking of the K40, if I recall some one on this forum was asking about the battery operated K40. I asked Marvin about the unit. He informed me he has them in stock.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      would 3/8" or 1/2" cable from My K- 375 made it past that 2" trap ? Thanks Tool
      Time to move up to a K50. The 5/8" cable will do a 2" trap easy.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        No votes for the K-40 ? Anyone have a picture of a K-50 with the drum adapter ? Can the K-50 be set up with the K-40 guide hose autofeed ?
        I don't believe the K-40 Guide hose would work with a K-50.

Mark
        Attached Files

Comment

That's the prettiest picture of a piece of drain cleaning equipment I ever seen.
          Almost,kindof,I mean...

Sexy

Kind of blushing right now

Comment

Many good options with probably no "best".

General Wire Drain Rooter PH
            General I95
            Ridgid K-50
            Ridgid K-60
            Electric Eel Model N
            Spartan 502

etc. etc.

You can get a stand for your General Super Vee also.

Just depends on what you want to do, how diversified you need the machine to be, and how much you have to spend.

Good luck Tymie.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              Speaking of the K40, if I recall some one on this forum was asking about the battery operated K40. I asked Marvin about the unit. He informed me he has them in stock.
              What do you think Ratz?
              The average drain might need a little more time than what a guy might get done with a battery or two.

There is always power in a kitchen or bath.Close enough for my custom 12' three outlet 12 guage cord plus what's on the machine

Now a poke and run plumber,he!! he may not even need a battery.

Comment

Well this IS a Ridgid forum so naturally everyone would recommend Ridgid equipment. My opinion is the spartan 100 with 1/2 cable is the best followed by the Model N with 1/2 cable. Ive ran the Model N through 2" traps on Commercial slop sinks to 50' before no problems. I have never used a k-50 so I dont know how that works but I cant imagine why anyone would want to use a sectional machine on a greasy sink line when you can keep the mess down with a drum machine. Really the only Ridgid equipment I would "Recommend" to even own is the K39 and of coarse the SeeSnake. The toilet auger is inferior to the General one and the K-750 cant hold a candle to my Spartan 71.

Comment

Originally posted by punky View Post
                  Well this IS a Ridgid forum so naturally everyone would recommend Ridgid equipment. My opinion is the spartan 100 with 1/2 cable is the best followed by the Model N with 1/2 cable. Ive ran the Model N through 2" traps on Commercial slop sinks to 50' before no problems. I have never used a k-50 so I dont know how that works but I cant imagine why anyone would want to use a sectional machine on a greasy sink line when you can keep the mess down with a drum machine. Really the only Ridgid equipment I would "Recommend" to even own is the K39 and of coarse the SeeSnake. The toilet auger is inferior to the General one and the K-750 cant hold a candle to my Spartan 71.
                  I have owned Ridgid, General, My-Tana, Gorlitz, Flexible Tool, Quadra-Plex and a few others I can't remember right now. When I sold my shop I choose to keep only Ridgid machines. That does not make the other machines bad, they were just not my preference.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Time to move up to a K50. The 5/8" cable will do a 2" trap easy.

Mark
                    The fact it does,blows Me away! I do very little drain work. Sure is nice for My own roots. Sat I took out a 9" root ball. I'm in the bride's good graces a wee bit!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                    X