X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

What would be the best sink, urinal and floor drain machine for 1 1/2" lines ? I'm 4 weeks new to drain cleaning and right now I'm using something similar to this http://www.drainbrain.com/pro/1supervee.html and it's kinda hard for me to use (3 hands would be nice). I also have to be very careful not the scratch the floor with the spinning drum :/ Which size cable and head would be best ?

ThanX

Gary

Re: Best Machine For 1 1/2' Pipes........

AF K39 from ridgid only takes two hands. It super easy to use as it has auto feed. It pretty common you can find it Home Depot. Its about 350.00 bucks. I like it, but isnt a tool that is going to last a lifetime. If it last a year of moderate use you got your moneys worth. The one I have now is just a year old. We use it less now as we jet most kitchen sink lines. Call your local Home Depots see if they have one that has been returned, may be a better deal? I dont think would buy a used one.

Comment

Gary I see you too are from Badger State.

Comment

I have a general power vee with the standand it works great. I just bought a general drain rooter ph last week for a great price and its perfect for small drains because the guide hose lets get right up to the drain and the autofeed does the rest. it has a foot pedal too. The ridgid k39 af is a great machine also a buddy of mine has it but i like the generals beter for 1 1/4- 2 in.

Comment

Hands down

The k-50 with 5/8" cable and also the a-17 drum adapter. You with be cabling 3/4" thu 4" lines with no problem!

Comment

The Electric Eel Model N, it can easly do 1 1/4 to 3" lines
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

K50 for 1.5 pvc. and a drum machine, I don't care the brand as long as it spins a drum of 3/8 cable for galvanived. I HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!!

Comment

I like the K 39AF, or the super vee. Just your standard 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 cables will do the trick for 1 1/4 thru 2 drains.

Comment

I don't think all 1 1/2" lines are created equal for snaking, bathroom lavs and tubs and showers have hair and soap for the most part, while 1 1/2" lines found in kitchens are grease and food so If the poster is doing the bathroom thing his snake is fine and can work on kitchens but if the poster is doing grease in a kitchen line a bigger machine may be needed.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

K-50

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

it's expected, so here I go;

small cable machine for tubs and showers. I prefer one on a stand like a gorlitz go-15 to the hand helds.

small electric jetter for the rest.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

It does not matter what machine you use as long as you charge time and material.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          It does not matter what machine you use as long as you charge time and material.

flat rate. you'll thank me latter......
                          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

the k-39 or the newest model k-45 is a great all around small line machine.

but you asked about a machine that frees up your hands and does a variety of jobs.

so i'm going to go with the k-50 with 5/8'' sectional cable and drum adapter for the small lines.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I would normally use the K50 but now I like the 5/8 cable with the an adaptor and use it with a battery drill.
                              The cables are 2.5 metres long, use the slow speed, so that it doesn't get out of control too quick.
                              If you think that they are too long you could cut one end down and have one like Rick's Secret Weapon.
                              Some one else on this forum had a great technique of bending the end of the cable to scrap the inside of the pipe walls.

Simon
                              Last edited by Some Day Plumbing; 04-08-2010, 06:59 AM. Reason: Editing

Comment

Working...
                              X