X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I learned at the show....

I learned that if you plan to dig up someones septic tank (by hand or machine) you need to call for a locate.

Discuss....
    Last edited by Trent2; 04-10-2010, 11:33 PM. Reason: For more detail..
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: What I learned at the show....

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
    I learned that if you plan to dig up someones septic tank (by hand or machine) you need to call for a locate.

Discuss....
    Because dumbazzes will install utilities over a tank and blame you if you touch them. I tell the utility company that they installed THEIR utility over MY utility and need to move it.

We've probably found every utility known over them. No, we haven't been calling for locates but maybe it's something to consider.

J.C.

Comment

Do you guys have to pay for locates?

Here it's free within XXX feet from the road. I think it may be around 200'.
      Beyond XXX feet it becomes the HOs to pay for the service but I have never seen this enforced thats why I'm foggy on the footages.

For sewer and water it's considered emergency dig up and they will respond within 2hrs.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We have a statewide locate number (811). Everything is marked by the next day most of the time and we can get emergency locates done in 2 hours.

Since it is so easy it is just a habit to have everything located...

Comment

Don't forget to take pics or even video of the entire locate area when they are done and before you dig anything.

They do the same but for some odd reason their evidence disappears when they 'mis locate' and you dig up a phone line or something.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

The locate is free. Emergency locates are done "as soon as reasonable". So there ya go. Of course we are not very densly populated in some areas of Oregon, so if the guy is way out in the boonies or the job is, it may take a couple of hours just to get there.

This is going to require some education on the general publics part to get them to realize that it might take a day or two for their non-emergency calls to get done.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              Don't forget to take pics or even video of the entire locate area when they are done and before you dig anything.

They do the same but for some odd reason their evidence disappears when they 'mis locate' and you dig up a phone line or something.

That's a good plan. You are also required to maintain that locate your self for the duration of the job. The gal that put on the presentation recomended that you pick a color for your company that is not one of the prime colors for locates and re-mark their marks as they become degraded. She also advised that you leave some of the previous color showing. Even as it degrades they will still be able to find some of the marks left (particularly on gravel) to prove that you have maintained it properly.

Comment

My 2' bucket finds them every time, and It's Free !!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Was it a good show this year? I wish I could have gone but I was in Seattle area .

Comment

Lots of good speakers this year. We picked up alot of good information and ideas. It's always invigorating to go to the shows. The trick is to implement the ideas when you get back to the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X