X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general flexicore repair.

I have a general mini-rooter with a 3/8 flexicore cable in it. and I apparently got a little aggressive with it. I broke the cable, about two foot from the cutter. is the repair part I need the FC-0 cup type connector, or the RS repair sleeve? I just want to cut the bad part the rest of the way off and weld a new tip on.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: general flexicore repair.

the fc-o cup connector is the one you want. this gives you the new end to attach the cutters onto.

http://www.drainbrain.com/instructio...ges/page36.pdf

the sleeve connector is for splicing the cable to cable. typically used when you damage the cable midway.

just be careful when welding the connector as too much heat will soften the cable. it's basically 2- tack welds at the 2 small dimples they have notched out.

i suggest you test the cable connector inside a piece of sample pipe that in case you break the connector off, you can retrieve your end and cutter.

i've done it before on a general cable.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: general flexicore repair.

Thank you Rick. I might order a couple of the splice connectors as well... not that i'd ever get That aggressive with the machine.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
      X