Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outdoor Grease trap install

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    Ron the job finished great.
    I was waiting to see which rings you were going to use to match the asphalt elevation.You know,with cars driving/parking and all.What hieght increments do those come in.
    Or are you just the luckiest guy in the world to land the elevation match with the one closest.
    I always used a kind of drypack grout to make up an inch or two.
    We used a single 2" adjuster ring which set me dead on the mark. We also poured the concrate right to grade with the asphalt. It was a 6" pour of a 6 bag mix.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Did you all notice the Ridgid rake being used? The guy moving the pea gravel around is my older half brother.

Comment

I can see You're a good tradesman Ron. Nice neat work. I'd not forget Your roll off friend!
        " What comes around !"
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Well the trap is set. No we are not using the Schier trap. It would be to costly to install 4 of them to meet the 1000 Gallon capacity needed. We installed a round concrete trap. I doubt it would float up any.. This trap is one huge monster.
          Don't kid yourself! During installation or if it doesn't have much cover and get's emptied a cement tank can pop out of the ground. I know a pumper who uses 1500 gallon tanks for storage that started to float. He had to get some big cement blocks to set on top of the tanks. That big tank is nothing but a boat when it's empty. All you need is high ground water!
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Do they make you test the tanks for watertightness?

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
              Don't kid yourself! During installation or if it doesn't have much cover and get's emptied a cement tank can pop out of the ground. I know a pumper who uses 1500 gallon tanks for storage that started to float. He had to get some big cement blocks to set on top of the tanks. That big tank is nothing but a boat when it's empty. All you need is high ground water!
              Seen it.

J.C.

Comment

Do they make you test the tanks for watertightness?
                Yep. We filled the new one up to the brim with water and let it set for an hour, to see if there was any weeping or seepage. Funny thing was the old trap was not 100% water tight. The guys that set it did not plug one of the pin holes very well. We found this out while digging the hole I noticed ground water coming in the hole from a shallow spot in the trench. so I cleared closer to the old trap and sure enough there was a 1 1/4 pin hole that was pouring the water out. We plugged it and tested the old trap as well. For water tightness. This time since only part of it was exposed we blocked off the outlet and filled the trap and waited 2 hours to see if the level dropped. It held the water to our satisfaction.

Comment

Yep. We filled the new one up to the brim with water and let it set for an hour, to see if there was any weeping or seepage. Funny thing was the old trap was not 100% water tight. The guys that set it did not plug one of the pin holes very well. We found this out while digging the hole I noticed ground water coming in the hole from a shallow spot in the trench. so I cleared closer to the old trap and sure enough there was a 1 1/4 pin hole that was pouring the water out. We plugged it and tested the old trap as well. For water tightness. This time since only part of it was exposed we blocked off the outlet and filled the trap and waited 2 hours to see if the level dropped. It held the water to our satisfaction.

We've got to test them for 24 hours. Of course it could be fudged easily.

Comment

We've got to test them for 24 hours. Of course it could be fudged easily.
                    I had the trap in service all day yesterday before I backfilled the whole was dry as a bone. Heck even the mud that was on the ground around the jobsite had turned into a nice fine dust.

Comment

I wasn't questioning your testing Ron, I was just making a coment on what we are required to do.

Comment

So far everything went good for us on this install the concrete turned out pretty good. Now as for the Dumpsters, we told the guys we did not need them and I sent the skid steer back to the rental company on the word of a fellow local contractor telling me he would come out with his Dump truck and loader. That was 3 days ago, and each day he told me he would get it that day for sure. So the only thing that is holding me up from getting paid is about 15 yards of wet clay.

*sighs* I wish my old dump truck was up and running, I would have to make 6 to 8 trips with it since it is only a Chevy 1 ton dump but at least the owner of the restaurant would see me doing something and I think I would of had it all gone by now. Once I get the spoils hauled away and the area cleaned up I promise I will snap a finished picture for you all to see.

Comment

So far everything went good for us on this install the concrete turned out pretty good. Now as for the Dumpsters, we told the guys we did not need them and I sent the skid steer back to the rental company on the word of a fellow local contractor telling me he would come out with his Dump truck and loader. That was 3 days ago, and each day he told me he would get it that day for sure. So the only thing that is holding me up from getting paid is about 15 yards of wet clay.

*sighs* I wish my old dump truck was up and running, I would have to make 6 to 8 trips with it since it is only a Chevy 1 ton dump but at least the owner of the restaurant would see me doing something and I think I would of had it all gone by now. Once I get the spoils hauled away and the area cleaned up I promise I will snap a finished picture for you all to see.
                          Ron, the job looks GREAT!! I'm glad the weather cooperated for you.
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

OK here is a poor picture of the cemented up trap. Every time I am there some one decides its the best parking spot in the area. Even though its part of the driveway leading to the parking lot.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X