X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Jetter Suggestions

Hey everyone, first post. After working under another contractor for several years I have decided that it's time to start my own venture. I am getting my start up costs together and I am having a hard time deciding on what type of trailer jetter to get. I am leaning towards this cam spray http://www.camspray.com/cam_spray_tr...ter-p-190.html

I was also looking at American Jetter, anyone have any experience with these? Thanks for your input!
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Re: Trailer Jetter Suggestions

that's the newer model of the one i have had for the last 6 years.

in fact i was speaking to the owner/ jim about adding a second pump to mine to cover large pipe when i get those calls.

i actually had a 16'' storm drain a couple months back i was able to clean out with the root ranger nozzle.

anyways, they're nice people and the machine has held up very good.

what size pipe are you looking to do?

what's the freight charge coming in at

we have a big show may 1st. in long beach calif. might be worth your time to come out and see whats available. plus get a chance to meet some of the locals.

welcome to the forum. if i can help you with your jetter i'm all in

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick, I might consider going to long beach, although I have my vaca time scheduled for June to go to Denver for ABPA Backflow testing certification. I was actually born in Long Beach, my father (who is also a plumber) is from San Pedro. Can you get me some more info on the event?

A friend of mine who works for a large drain cleaning outfit reccomended a Harben, but there is no way I can afford one of those babies. It's a new buisness and I am trying to keep my start up cost under 150k which include a sprinter, tools and equipment, advertising, cash on hand, ect.

What I need is something economical, that lasts, and gets the job done well (its a lot to ask I know ). I will need it to go up to 8". I have never run into anything larger here and I dont plan on doing municipal work. I am not expereinced with trailer jetters, only cart so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and yes shipping is expensive, American Jetter quoted me $1,300. Shipping costs is just something we're used to out here. The price of doing buisiness in paradise I guess...
      Last edited by mpm; 04-13-2010, 10:18 PM.
      Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
        Thanks Rick, I might consider going to long beach, although I have my vaca time scheduled for June to go to Denver for ABPA Backflow testing certification. I was actually born in Long Beach, my father (who is also a plumber) is from San Pedro. Can you get me some more info on the event?

A friend of mine who works for a large drain cleaning outfit reccomended a Harben, but there is no way I can afford one of those babies. It's a new buisness and I am trying to keep my start up cost under 150k which include a sprinter, tools and equipment, advertising, cash on hand, ect.

What I need is something economical, that lasts, and gets the job done well (its a lot to ask I know ). I will need it to go up to 8". I have never run into anything larger here and I dont plan on doing municipal work. I am not expereinced with trailer jetters, only cart so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
        http://www.phccglaa.org/tradeshow/

There are usually some pretty good show specials at the show. Our resident born and raised in Hawaii plumber, Gear Junkie should be there with us.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

cam spary has a new diesel model that is 18 gpm at 4000#. i think you could pick it up for about 30k.

talk to jim and ask for a quote with shipping. let him know that you heard about it from me on the ridgid forum

for 8'' i think you will need the larger jetter.

150k is a very good budget for what you're getting into.

a new sprinter will set you back around 30-35k plus the jetter 30k. you'll still have plenty left to send me there for a week and get it going

need to establish yourself and get the phone ringing. we'll get busy

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks guys...

I am not just going to be doing drain cleaning, so I am looking at a lot of other equipment, ie: pro-press, pipe threaders, snap cutters, chipping gun, ect. Although I have noticed the drain equipment is by far the biggest part of my budget .

I was hoping to stay under 20k for a jetter, but like I tell my customers when they gripe about $105 p/hr, you get what you pay for .

Oh Rick, I'll give you a Job anytime ...judging from your posts you know your stuff.
            Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Thanks guys...

I am not just going to be doing drain cleaning, so I am looking at a lot of other equipment, ie: pro-press, pipe threaders, snap cutters, chipping gun, ect. Although I have noticed the drain equipment is by far the biggest part of my budget .

I was hoping to stay under 20k for a jetter, but like I tell my customers when they gripe about $105 p/hr, you get what you pay for .

Oh Rick, I'll give you a Job anytime ...judging from your posts you know your stuff.

maybe forget the trade show and come out to visit ricks plumbing and supply

i'm sure rick will be willing to wheel and deal on every plumbing tool you need

come on down for the trade show and shop at ricks plumbing and supply ask for joey, she makes the best deals

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                maybe forget the trade show and come out to visit ricks plumbing and supply

i'm sure rick will be willing to wheel and deal on every plumbing tool you need

come on down for the trade show and shop at ricks plumbing and supply ask for joey, she makes the best deals

rick.
                If your serious, I will give you a list of the equipment I'll need and you can give me a price quote....
                Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

If your serious, I will give you a list of the equipment I'll need and you can give me a price quote....

Don't believe Rick it is only a tease. He owns tools he will never use but they give him comfort.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Don't believe Rick it is only a tease. He owns tools he will never use but they give him comfort.

Mark
                    don't believe mark. i have enough tools to sell that i wouldn't even miss them

make up a list and pm them to mark. he knows how to get them to me

are you sure i don't need to go there and see what you need

i've traveled with 3 sewer cameras on carry on before

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

It looks like there are some good deals on used ones. Check out Pumper Trader website site. There is 5 or 6 US Jetting units on there for 12 to 20 grand.

Comment

Oh and yes shipping is expensive, American Jetter quoted me $1,300. Shipping costs is just something we're used to out here. The price of doing buisiness in paradise I guess...

If you're willing to think outside the box regarding shipping...

From Los Angeles after you buy Ricks gear, take a rowboat with a diesel engine in the middle and as many cans of diesel fuel as the boat will hold. Run the jetter off the back of the boat with one large nozzle shooting off the back. You can steer by which way you point the nozzle.

Next stop Huv eye eeee....

By the time you get there you will know the jetter works, and your wrist will be very tired.

Sewer cleaning, it's not a job, it's an adventure.

By the time you
                        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          don't believe mark. i have enough tools to sell that i wouldn't even miss them
                          So why don't you?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I think Plumber Rick is getting ready to retire. He is going to just relax on the beach and keep enough tools to make milkshakes with.
                            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
                            X