X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter-Total Gallons Used

I know the question that I am about to ask has many variables because of different types of jetters, gpm, psi...... so I will give a few scenarios.

Scenario #1: Questions is how many total gallons of water would you use on lets say a 100ft, 4" sewer line (residential) using a trailer jetter? I am not looking for a specific answer more of on average.

Scenario #2: How many total gallons used using a jetter with no tank in a 100Ft, 4" sewer line (residential)? Again, I am not looking for a specific answer more of on average.

I have two reasons for asking one of which is I am actually curious and the other is it may help me for a project I am working on.

Re: Jetter-Total Gallons Used

dan, my trailer jetter holds 300 gallons of water and could probably do it with 1 fill up, except that it requires at least 200 gallons to start it without bypassing the float and will run down to approx 100 gallons before the float kills the engine.

depending on the clog/ roots. 300 gallons is plenty.

with the cart jetter putting out 5-6 gpm, it takes longer and probably uses more water as the cutting is slower than the trailer jetter.

are you designing what i think you are

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I would said with no roots. 50 gallons
      Roots 125 to 200 gallons avg. On the other hand I have used 600 gallon on a 100 foot line with sand or grease or heavy roots.

Comment

soft stoppage or roots?
        multiple intrusions or one if it is roots?
        how fast do you want to do it?
        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
          soft stoppage or roots?
          multiple intrusions or one if it is roots?
          how fast do you want to do it?

Like I said there are a lot of variables more of on average

Comment

Working...
          X