X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double wound cables

the Spartan salesman stopped yesterday with his box truck and trailer mounted jetter He showed me all his new and old stuff. I got my first look at there 3/4 " cable I didn't know they made and there .66" double wound I had never knew how the double wound stuff was put together with 2 wires in stead of one. I always use duel 1-1/4" eel cables and the Ridged 7/8 duel cables in my sec. cable machines because If I am going through a trap and brake one cable I can still get it out with the other cable.With my drum machine if I break off it is a dig job. So I was wondering if any of you ever broke a Spartan cable in a line and got it out with the other wire ? or do you think both wires would just brake and will that .66" do the job like the 3/4' There 3/4" is not double wound just shingle. I also told him if he didn't want to lug that big Jetter around on his truck he could just park it at my shop and pick it up again in a few years I wouldn't even charge him ! But he said he guess he better take it along with him. Try to do someone a favor and save them gas by not having to haul that heavy thing around and that is what you get.

Re: Double wound cables

not sure if using the reverse psycholigy works with his jetter

the .66 would have a core to hold the 2 cables together

i have the .55 and .66 in my 300 and 1065. 1 advantage is the cable is smaller than the 5/8'' = .625'' and 3/4'' = .750'', therefore it's either lighter or will hold more capacity.

my ridgid drums i use 3/4'' = .750''

the 750/ 7500 will hold approx 25' more when using 5/8'' = .625 over the 3/4'' = .750'' cable.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post

The .66 would have a core to hold the 2 cables together

I have the .55 and .66 in my 300 and 1065. 1 advantage is the cable is smaller than the 5/8'' = .625'' and 3/4'' = .750'', therefore it's either lighter or will hold more capacity.

My ridgid drums i use 3/4'' = .750''

the 750/ 7500 will hold approx 25' more when using 5/8'' = .625 over the 3/4'' = .750'' cable.

Rick.
      i vote grace elizabeth !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

the .66 would have a core to hold the 2 cables together

i have the .55 and .66 in my 300 and 1065. 1 advantage is the cable is smaller than the 5/8'' = .625'' and 3/4'' = .750'', therefore it's either lighter or will hold more capacity.

my ridgid drums i use 3/4'' = .750''

rick.
        Vote Piper?????
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
        X