Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How are your customers getting buy before they call you to unclog there drain Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are your customers getting buy before they call you to unclog there drain

For the past two years or so People have been trying everything to keep from calling someone to clean there drain. One guy I went to opened his toilet clean out and run a pipe to his floor drain and run it in there till it stopped up.Then he put a pump in the floor drain and stuck it in the down spout that ran out at the curb in front of his house and down the street. Till the city stopped him. I had one recycling plant that just kept a pond in there shop and shoved the water out the door with a skid loader. Another just plugged up there floor drain so the toilet wouldn't back up in there floor drain.This worked some what till one of the plugs blew and every thing in the basement went under water But most often I find an open outside clean out with a big pond dug around it or a pump or two sitting around with a burned out motor. I know times are tuff but some things just cant be put off that long. I tell them when I get there that I will take payments if I have to, to keep from working in the middle of a sewer pond. Have you ever tried to get your boat in a basement ? What have You guy's been running in too.

Re: How are your customers getting buy before they call you to unclog there drain

My driver ran into a lagoon dug behind the septic tank. The drainfield had failed so this was the solution. The hole was twice as big as the tank at least. This was a rental. We called the HO and told him it needed major work done to it. No response in ten days. Driver happend to be driving by again and noticed a ditch dug from the lagoon to a wetlands. At that point we called the county and turned them in. Driver happend to drive by again yesterday and noticed a permit posted at the end of the driveway.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Re: How are your customers getting buy before they call you to unclog there drain

fortunately not with sewers, but with outside area drains, deck drains, downspouts, people treat them as out of sight out of mind. typically by the time they call, the system is so plugged that unless it's real pipe, it's history.

my customers don't put off sewer work

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I've been under some houses that represent a septic tank because they have left it so long!

When we're quiet we offer a free storm water CCTV inspection while working on the sewer service. 99% of the time, if the pipes are terracotta, you will find a problem! We just purchased a German built reliner trailer so we hope people will start spending again it will start to pay for itself soon!
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I have people call with sinks that have been clogged for over a year
          Failed septic tanks leaking all over the ground.
          Sewers backed up for weeks on end. I just amazes me how
          people just let it go to save a few bucks. Turned a few in to the city
          dumping raw sewage into wet lands
          Sad part they have the money to fix the problems
          All expect discounts OH the economy card.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

ok kindof off topic.
            my bro inlaw. retiled his batah room and did could not reseat the WC, so insted of asking me for help he sh!t in box in the garage for 2 weeks. when he finilay called and told me i fell over and almost wet my pants..
            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

I turned a guy into the county, he owned a couple of stores on the ocean front (the post a pier on the back of buildings is literally in the ocean) The 3" main servicing 2 powder rooms was backed up about 7' before it tied into the county main. I told him it would cost about $325 because it would take 2 of us 1-1/2 hrs to get the k-400 (there was no way I was getting the k-750 down there) down the stairs on the sea wall and under the building and clear the line. He said thanks but I will call someone else. Come to find out a day later from some free divers who dive the area that he just took the clean out off under the building and was letting raw sewage go right into the ocean. What a tool , I called the county right away when I found out.
              Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                I turned a guy into the county, he owned a couple of stores on the ocean front (the post a pier on the back of buildings is literally in the ocean) The 3" main servicing 2 powder rooms was backed up about 7' before it tied into the county main. I told him it would cost about $325 because it would take 2 of us 1-1/2 hrs to get the k-400 (there was no way I was getting the k-750 down there) down the stairs on the sea wall and under the building and clear the line. He said thanks but I will call someone else. Come to find out a day later from some free divers who dive the area that he just took the clean out off under the building and was letting raw sewage go right into the ocean. What a tool , I called the county right away when I found out.
                Those kind of people just piss you off. And how stupid to think that someone won't turn them in!
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I called on a guy discharging his septic tank to the ditch...right up the street from the local park. Idiot.

Comment

One of my customers just kept using her toilet when it backed up. When it got to tall she found a step stool, and when it got too tall for that, she got out her 6' step ladder.
                    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      fortunately not with sewers, but with outside area drains, deck drains, downspouts, people treat them as out of sight out of mind. typically by the time they call, the system is so plugged that unless it's real pipe, it's history.

rick.
                      I hear you.Some of the roots we have got out are bigger then I thought a machine could cut out, and the soap clogs, I have to use the head I use to cut cement out of a trap and have to re bore the hole in the pipe.Plus I have to deal with every type of acid drain cleaner there is or a gallon of bleach that turns soap and grease in to goo.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                        I called on a guy discharging his septic tank to the ditch...right up the street from the local park. Idiot.
                        My mom had a neighbor who used a sump pump to pump raw sewage from his septic tank right into the lake. At one point that same neighbor also ran a 200 foot hose from our outside hose bibb to their hose bibb so they could have water. (they did this without bothering to ask).
                        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

A guy I worked with years ago told me this one........

He would wait until the pipes got "pretty full" then he'd take a shop vac out the CO and go dump it into his septic tank

He did this for 6 months, with 4 people living in the house

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                            ahhh.....rick....gods gift to plumbing.

Comment

Working...
                            X