Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ice Jetting woes

A good trick for getting started backwards in a san t is:

- bend the end of the hose back on itself so it makes a 180 with the last 4"-6" pointed back at you.

- push the loop into the cleanout, so the hose goes down into the c/o, does a 180, and the nozzle points back up out of the c/o at you.

- arrange the loop so the side of the c/o that the nozzle is on is the way you want the nozzle to go

- push down on the loop with a long skinny something, feeding hose in as you push down, so the nozzle travels down the c/o still pointed back up

- when you get the loop to the bottom, move your long skinny something over and up a little and push the nozzle down the last bit

- when the nozzle clears the lip of the san-t, it will flop into the line pointed the right way.

- now don't mess with it; just start up the machine. if the nozzle doesn't pull in, pull just an inch or so of hose back out, then feed back in

- usually works, sometimes takes a few tries, especially if it's a deep c/o.

For a cable, I use a short leader whip with a 45 degree kink about 2" from the end.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I can see the bucket head vac would be extra nice for when you are lucky enough to have a helper to haul one bucket while you fill the next.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Sometimes I alternate between 2 buckets... or fill 2 and have a balanced load

Comment

Your suggestion for the hose is pretty similar to what i've tried.

I haven't had alot of luck, but I haven't really tried it very much.

I'm gonna try it again, with my newfound support of someone else who had made it work

Comment

I got it open!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's still a partial obstruction, but he says he's just gonna dig it in a few weeks (he owns a dirt business).

now i'm lookin online at some new nozzles

Comment

Just in time for spring, I recycled a Lennox boiler for on site unlimited hot water for jetting frozen pipes. I just opened one last week with the HO's hot water. I think that I will not see too many frozen lines this year. Spring is coming a little early this year although we are expecting snow tomorrow.
              Ace will you be skiing till July this year at A Basin?
              ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

I lost interest in skiing years ago. Got out bouldering Monday, threatening to break a bicycle out today. Need a new winter sport.

Not a huge pack this year, doubt lift served will last 'til July, though you can always hike.

Comment

Working...
                X