X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rats!

We came back from working on a job. The place was in a group of houses that must have been bought cheap as it was built next to a swamp and next door to a feed mill. The renter told us the last renter was in jail for selling drugs and we might find anything in the line. That didn't improve my opinion of the place but I treat every place the same wheat her it is a rich mans house or a box some homeless person lives in They pay my bills so as far as I am concerned there all kings unless they don't pay. We started out from the upper end hit something that felt like ground and pulled it back to check, there was a little fresh dirt and grass and corn on the cable. We changed heads and went in again and hit a place that stopped us again this time we pulled out grass dirt and something that looked like short hair. At that point we was stopped dead couldn't go any farther so we wadded in to the swamp and looked to see how we could run up the other end I didn't want to use the jetter as I had seen a few suck holes in the yard and just wanted to see if they led to the pipe I was working on . So I stretched out a water hose and put on one of those canvas blow bags shoved it up the other end and had my son turn it on and watch the holes. It run a few minutes then I seen a geyser come out of the ground where my son was standing he jumped back then started running in circles stomping his foot. I didn't know what had happened so I came out of that swamp like a freight train through some briers and mud and asked if he was all right and what had happened ? He said he seen a little water start to push up then it just exploded up in the air with seven RATS !! He said he was trying to stomp on them as they hit the ground. I told him now look here we got paid to try to clean this drain if they want us to do any exterminating they got to pay extra . I dug down to the pipe and the rats had chewed through the sch,35 pipe in several places. About have the pipes we have been doing this year have had rats in them and those we don't get with the cable start rebuilding and some of the pipes they clog again in a few weeks with walnuts, grass,corn, or whatever I have never seen it this bad and never seen rats chew through PVC. pipe

Re: Rats!

Interesting.................

Comment

Good thing you stoped your son from stomping on the rats... we get mad at people trying to stomp our brains out, and comeback in a larger force and carry away your work truck.

Attached Files
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

about 2 yeas ago i was working a blockage from a CO towards the tank. got abour half way to the tank and came to a stop. reversed and broke free but water still doesn't move. go back at it again with a bit more gusto and presto the line opens. continue to push to the tank. the HO, watching from the tank shouts something like, "ohmyfreakinggodsweetmotherofmary". i holler, "What's up?" and hear him puking into the tank. seems a mongoose got in the line (big mongoose & 30y/o 3" CI line. i guess the mongoose became overcome with the gasses & died. swoll up & blocked the line. i corkscrewed the mongoose with a straight auger. it was a mess. took a while to clean the auger & cables

the HO then had caps for all the CO installed as welll as a proper tank cover. not a rotting piece of 1/2" plywood.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Good thing you stoped your son from stomping on the rats... we get mad at people trying to stomp our brains out, and comeback in a larger force and carry away your work truck.

That is AWSOME!I needed a laugh.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

nailed a possum on a 4" line on a septic. it was about a year old and had never worked right. smelled real good when it dropped into tank. clean out had a cap. we surmised that it crawled in the pipe during construction. left open for awhile during construction. not my doing i just shoot em. 40 a week and all you can eat. lol. breid..........................

Comment

All these dead critters in the poo tank should make for a happy bacteria family.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post

Ron your "The Man"

Reminds of that game they had at Chuckecheese when I was kid where you bonk the rats as they pop up out of the hole.
                Last edited by DanLawrence; 04-23-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

"WACK A MOLE" in this case "STOMP A RAT" good laugh
                  Eric Melvin
                  CF Manufacturing
                  CF Sales

Comment

Dogs and cats living together and now rats exploding out of the ground?

The end is near!

Comment

Working...
                    X