Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you pumpers with a small jetter....

Another revenue stream is unplugging RV's. We took an old portable holding tank that was damaged and cut the top off. This is used as a catch basin. Then we took and old jetter tip and drilled it out so I doesn't make as much pressure. Stick the tub under the dump valve, stick your vacuum hose in the tank, open the valve and go to work.

We've done 4 or 5 of these. We get about $175 and it usually takes less than an hour.

I know what you're thinking, why not just hook up the vacuum hose to the rv? I did it once and watched the tank start sucking in from the bottom. I even cocked the hose to allow some outside air in. I always made sure the toilet was open for venting. Still it wanted to suck in.

So the jetter idea came upon me. I've made some rvers very happy and a couple of RV shops happy too.

Think about it. The RV industry has money!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: For you pumpers with a small jetter....

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
    Another revenue stream is unplugging RV's. We took an old portable holding tank that was damaged and cut the top off. This is used as a catch basin. Then we took and old jetter tip and drilled it out so I doesn't make as much pressure. Stick the tub under the dump valve, stick your vacuum hose in the tank, open the valve and go to work.

We've done 4 or 5 of these. We get about $175 and it usually takes less than an hour.

I know what you're thinking, why not just hook up the vacuum hose to the rv? I did it once and watched the tank start sucking in from the bottom. I even cocked the hose to allow some outside air in. I always made sure the toilet was open for venting. Still it wanted to suck in.

So the jetter idea came upon me. I've made some rvers very happy and a couple of RV shops happy too.

Think about it. The RV industry has money!
    Vacuum hose or Jetter hose?

What do you call small?

Seems to be a sound ideal.

Comment

Vacuum hose in the catch basin, jetter hose in the waste tank.

Cart jetter sized. You don't want alot of pressure. You may cut the plastic tank. My jetter is in the 3,000 psi, 5 gpm range. I did drill out the holes in the tip to reduce pressure.

We don't do alot of them but it's a nice service to offer when someone calls and is plugged up. By this time they are happy to pay whatever just to get the thing unplugged. We even have some RV repair shops call on us.

Comment

Now i understand.Thanks.

Comment

We did another one yesterday. Driver was gone from the shop about an hour. Of course it was here in town. Nice money that I wouldn't normally have recieved!

Comment

AHHHHH!
            Finlay, a clogged drain that can come to us
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
            X