X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Root Ranger nozzel

either take the nozzle/ turbine off or blow air back into the turbine when your done to blow out the chips. or thread the unit with it upside down and let gravity take over.

there is very little difference between 1/4'' npt and 1/4'' bspt.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
      Freight for me from Australia was only $25.00, Total cost with the nozzel was and freight around $350.00 i did not think that was bad!

How long should you flush your line before hooking up?
      Yea I bought a fiddle from there off E-Bay and the shipping and handling was cheaper then it was here, The only thing was customs opened it and that took an extra day I think they took it out and played with it then sealed it up with there yellow tape. I don't know what they thought the Australians would try to smuggle in. I think they just wanted to take a look or maybe give people a day of rest before I started playing it. But the shipping wasn't bad about $ 18 with insurance. But I think customs did the right thing so if you get something from there and it has been opened don't sweat it.

Comment

Will the root ranger cut through a solid root stoppage without a foward jet??

do i have to open up a hole or just shove this baby down there??

Comment

The root ranger can smash into a very solid blockage, then pull back and let it gets a run at it again and again, once it get past you let it do it's magic and blast the root apart. A lot of times when you pull it back it has acted like a hook and rips roots back with it. I dont have the front jet model so if this won't work I bust out the warthog.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

if it's a solid hard long root stoppage, you need the front jet.

i keep mine in unless i need the extra push.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
              Will the root ranger cut through a solid root stoppage without a foward jet??

do i have to open up a hole or just shove this baby down there??
              We always penetrate the blockage first with a smaller head before we unleash the RR.

Remember, it will want to take a junction if you allow it to do so. Always let it rip straight up to the blockage and twist the hose on the way back only, then she'll never get stuck.

The advantage this nozzle has over similar rotating nozzles is that you can steer it up a branch line. I can clear a cast iron waste stack up in a carpark ceiling and twist the hose to the left to make it go up a left hand junction. This saves me climbing up on a ladder and opening the next inspection opening on a branch line and getting covered in crap! Or, a main house drain heading upstream, just twist the hose the direction of the branch line and up she goes. Always measure how far you want it to go incase you blow the back out of a toilet pan! Not good, but a seasoned RR operator will never get it stuck and clear a drain better and more thoroughly than any other drain cleaning method on the market today...short of a full reline!

Tell you what, you guys all pitch in and buy me a couple of first class tickets and I'll show you how its done down under, quick releases and all!!
              Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Hay bill2601 I think we all need to see a video of how you clean drains from start to finish.

Comment

We are making a series of 'Drain Training' videos for YouTube. Will tell you as each one is completed!

So, it looks like I'm not getting those tickets hey!?!
                  Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                    We are making a series of 'Drain Training' videos for YouTube. Will tell you as each one is completed!

So, it looks like I'm not getting those tickets hey!?!
                    don't wait home for the mailman

i've been waiting for 6 years for mine to show up. i finally went and bought them myself

tell you what. i'll buy your's to come here and you buy mine for me to go there

deal or no deal

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      don't wait home for the mailman

i've been waiting for 6 years for mine to show up. i finally went and bought them myself

tell you what. i'll buy your's to come here and you buy mine for me to go there

deal or no deal

rick.
                      Hey if your willing to fly in a dog box you can get your tickets a lot cheaper. Just wright on top Talking dog or talking kangaroo which ever it may be, just in case you slip and talk in your sleep

Comment

Wife won't let me travel without her. Now the last baby is on the way I can't see us getting to the next show over there for at least 2 years! She loves the shopping in the US. In fact, most of the clothes I wear today are from previous trips to the US! You have good quality clothing and a much bigger range!!!

It's funny that most Americans I have spoken to have never visited Graceland. We loved it! On the flip side if you ask Aussies if they have climbed Ayres Rock, most of them will tell you it's on their 'to do' list too! How many of you have visited Graceland? What would be the most popular destination in the US? I could move permanently to San Fran!

Are we all too busy working because we feel we have too? I reckon you should balance life and plan at least 2 holidays a year. I am bad at this, the job sucks me in and before I know it the shops are selling Christmas bon bons again, another year gone and still no decent break!
                        Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X