X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 300' Drain at kohl's

Yea but only 30' is what I have seen here that guys will go up to . 160' I was thinking of using the drill method or learning the way of the jetter.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
      80 feet ! ugh The 1500 I use to run it all the time at my old job . I thought I was going to be able to get away from that thing!
      It's not like you cannot do it.I'm sure you could go farther.
      My opinion is I figured it just starts getting real heavy to push on the drill.

Comment

And J.C. don't worry about judgment man I am here for information I will never claim to be an expert and will always ready to learn some thing new. This is some thing I am not used to it is not a little house with a 40' building sewer and a basement clean out. 300' of drain that is the most I have ever dealt with so in a way this job was not boring it is some thing new and I like to hear from you guys

Comment

It does't self feed after it is in a couple of sections like any machine Dirty hands I did not know about the drill method till I started reading post on this forum.

Comment

It does't self feed after it is in a couple of sections like any machine Dirty hands I did not know about the drill method till I started reading post on this forum.
            If you run the cable on reverse and hold it on the edge of the pipe it will feed itself into the line. Put it on forward and hold it on the edge of the pipe and it will feed itself out.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Rick what is the deal with using a right angle drill how far can it go? I am debating if I need to get a K1500 or buy eel cables to and a drill adaptor to run 1-1/4" cables ?

Comment

Find a guy with a jetter or use the EEL, i dont know if i would push the cables 300' with a drill

Comment

Rick what is the deal with using a right angle drill how far can it go? I am debating if I need to get a K1500 or buy eel cables to and a drill adaptor to run 1-1/4" cables ?
                  Gene is actually the one that started the drill technique with Rick. I believe Gene said his max was about 160.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

it is starting to look like the K-1500sp is going to be the only way to go. It is listed to go up to 300' . I just will not be able to keep it with me on the truck

Comment

it is starting to look like the K-1500sp is going to be the only way to go. It is listed to go up to 300' . I just will not be able to keep it with me on the truck
                      Try to find a old K-500 for sale, its upright so takes up less space. Give Marvin a Call at AJ Coleman and ask him what he has that can do 300' of sewer. He gets used equipment in all the time.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

will a K-1500 run 1-1/4" eel cable ?

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Gene is actually the one that started the drill technique with Rick. I believe Gene said his max was about 160.
                          Ran my drill set up 228 feet of eel no problem 4 full baskets of 56 feet and one 4 footer. Have been running this set up for over 15 years.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by UnClogNH; 05-03-2010, 09:58 AM.
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

the drill can spin 300', but i doubt the operator will want to hand feed all the cable into the line. much easier on the body and arms to use a 1500 or push cart style/ eel or general set up.

300' indoor requires a cleanout to be located or installed.

i have a condo building to camera for another plumber tomorrow to locate, trace and measure the line to the city main. he spent 7 hours last week trying to clear the main. problem was he didn't know the total distance or the best location to snake from as there are multiple cleanouts in this large condo complex.

by tracing the lines and mapping it out with total distance and wyes, he will easily know what c/o to use and how far to go.

300' needs more than 1 c/o access.

get it cleaned and flowing. then camera and map the system. they should have a floor plan of the store that you can make a sewer map as built drawing for future use.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

will a K-1500 run 1-1/4" eel cable ?
                              Yes it will. Ron used to run the eel cable in ridgid machines. I've never done it though. I prefer the C-14 cables on long straight runs in 4-6". The eel cables are only 10' long max, so you're going to be connecting and disconnecting a lot more.

If you want to do Commercial/Industrial, the 1500 (or 500 like Ron and Mark's) is a must have machine. That is what most of the hospitals, universities, and other complexes with in house plumbers use in the Chicago area.

I was at AJ Coleman a couple weeks ago and they had several used 1500's on the floor. Shipping probably wouldn't be too bad. Some older models have stronger motors (akin to the newer SP). I have 2 KM-1500 models, 1 Ridgid-Kollman, the other Kollman (pre-ridgid). Both are beasts.

What's the big deal about keeping a 1500 on a truck? I keep mine on the truck about 75% of the time. Especially in the root seasons. As my grandfather used to say, "if you take it, you got it. If you don't take it, you'll need it."

-Chris

Comment

I'm sure there is a c/o some where just waiting to be found.
                                Ran into someting like this 2 years ago at a TJ.Maxx. Found the c/o under an outside cover marked for water.
                                Rod
                                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                                http://unclognh.com
                                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X