Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 300' Drain at kohl's

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    I'm sure there is a c/o some where just waiting to be found.
    Ran into someting like this 2 years ago at a TJ.Maxx. Found the c/o under an outside cover marked for water.
    Asphalt crews like to pave over sewer clean outs too. I do agree with Rick that locating and mapping is the way to go. You'll either find a clean out in the process or find the best place to put one for future maintenance so that you can take care of them from outside easily and not disturb store operations or customers

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
      Ran my drill set up 228 feet of eel no problem 4 full baskets of 56 feet and one 4 footer. Have been running this set up for over 15 years.

ooooo, a Milwaukee You use the Eel's or the G-connectors?

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
        ooooo, a Milwaukee You use the Eel's or the G-connectors?
        Use the Eel connections never had one fail yet.
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I don't want my machine to get stolen I do not have a roof What I am thinking about doing is buying the eel cable and keeping it on the truck or at least 200' and I have a right angle drill and this way I have an out if the K-60 can not do it I have a back up. Then keep a K1500 at my house if the going get tuff or I know what I am going up against I can pick it up on the way. How ever I still have to figure some thing out with a jetter . Ron does AJ coleman keep use if so that may be a good place to go but I wonder what the shipping will be to Maryland? And From the floor clean out in the men's room to the city clean out it was 300' What can you tell me about getting in to jetters?

Comment

a jetter that will do a commercial 300' indoor line is not cheap. plus if the line is plugged up, you're adding lots of waste water to an already plugged line.

this job needs a cleanout located or installed more than a jetter or a 300' cable job.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

When a new public building or shopping center go's up I request and get a copy of the blue prints. Learn to read them and they can tell you more then just where it hooks up to the city. With experience you can get a good ideal where and how far the clog is, like a sudden turn from a straight run, or other odd plumbing. Sometimes you can find clean outs covered over when a store was remodeled, I found a lot of them with the help of a blue print and taping with a hammer where it showed a clean out, it will sound hollow when taped some inside walls. The buildings maintaines usually know where the blue prints are, no need to go to the city all they have is where it is taped in to there line I ask for a copy of plumbing blue prints at there grand openings, Here there glad I have a copy if I go in to a building I always look for clean outs as I walk through or go to the rest room and keep a mental note. I know where a lot of CO are that they don't. As for running out 300 FT get the right equipment the cable will get heavy that far out, and if you are going through a trap in a floor drain it is like a pulley in reverse. I know things are tight but they could get a lot tighter if you get stuck or break off out that far. tell them it will save money if they put you in a clean out so you can run both way's I have had a lot put in for me after they find out how much a jetter job costs.

Comment

Working...
              X