Jetting with Camera in line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting with Camera in line

Just wondering if anyone keeps the camera down the sewer line while jetting?? Or do you jet then camera the line?

Re: Jetting with Camera in line

I like to keep the camera back at least 3 or 4 feet

Comment

I use the camera in the line, I run the jetter out, then push camera in to see results, then pull the camera to any roots still left in the pipe, pull the jetter back to the best spot, then pull the camera back 10 ft or more (I am overly scared) Jet then push the camera forward to check how I did, then repeat this at the next bad spot till I am done with the line.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I knew CUDA would have an answer on jetting!

Comment

i damaged my first camera about 15 years ago on a nasty jetting job. the camera needs to be out of harms way as the camera might be hydrostatic tested to 300' / approx 150# the stream of the jet can get up to 3500# at the tip of the nozzle.

so keeping it a few feet back will protect the lens seal from the direct fire of the jet.

a trick is to jet and then push the camera up to the point and look. what works good for me is to overshoot the area with the jetter. then release the foot valve to turn off the jet. push the camera up to the problem area and then with the jet off, you can easily pull the hose back to the exact point of the camera/ problem. pull the camera a few feet back and start jetting.

this method paired up with a root ranger or warthog is how we clean out the nastiest of root stoppages out there.

with any luck, i might not need to worry as i'm days away from a us jetting 4000# 18gpm diesel jetting trailer. and you thought the trade show was just for the copper cutting contest

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I used to be more careful than I am now. I get away with murder on a regular basis (don't tell my employee). Ridgid color mini, 5.5 gpm at up to 4kpsi, ~2kpsi at nozzle, cam could care less.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Rick you are stopping the dual motor project? And going with a New US Jetter set up?
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                Rick you are stopping the dual motor project? And going with a New US Jetter set up?
                probably so as i need the deduction this year

funny part is i pursued the 4000# and 2500# combo and 1 company says it will work as long as i run both at 2500# and another says it won't

my knowledge says it will work as just like a regulator station. we stage the regulators to allow for flow based on demand. the smaller regs, take care of low demands and the larger ones take care of large demands.

a couple of valves and tees and hoses, all can be combined into 1 unloader to balance them out , then valved off to use them separately through their own unloader. why not

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I use 2 unloaders as the one at each machine acts like a check valve when I am only running one machine, when both are on the pressure does have to be the same on both machines. PM me a price on your pipe burster if you are done with it lol, I am in the market for one now. Thanks
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                    I knew CUDA would have an answer on jetting!
                    Rick and Ace taught me almost everything I know!
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

cuda, check your email

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

We use our 4018 300 all the time with the 1/2" single, triple and quad turbo root ranger! Make sure you get the wireless remote control!
                        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

bill, you have a triple and a quad root ranger now

what size pipe does it require

is the hose well protected?

talk about a root killing machine

post some video of it in action.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

They have been around for years, I didn't tell you about them because I don't think your ready for such monster nozzles yet! . They sound like a jet engine and literally throw roots right back out the drain at you like a tree mulcher! Won't effect he hose.

They will work in 6" lines pit to pit, no bends then all pipes from 8" up. The Quadbine has one front turbine. The Tribine has 3 large rear turbines in an alloy housing designed to step over debris and flush it back.

How is your 1/2" Root Ranger going? We are casting a forward jet version right now and will be ready in 8 weeks.

We just finished making the 3/8" and 1/2" Screwdriver nozzle! Very impressive, I can't wait to try it in a drain!!!

I have to commit a week to uploading all our video footage soon!
                            Last edited by bill2601; 05-13-2010, 03:14 PM.
                            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

bill, the 1/2'' root ranger is my go to nozzle as it makes a warthog look like a toy

except when i need to penetrate a forward root stoppage. will the new casting have a larger forward jet than the 1/4'' rr

are there any ways to cover the entire line with 1 jet without rotating the hose?

otherwise it's the best cutting nozzle out there.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X