Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetting with Camera in line

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    bill, the 1/2'' root ranger is my go to nozzle as it makes a warthog look like a toy

except when i need to penetrate a forward root stoppage. will the new casting have a larger forward jet than the 1/4'' rr

are there any ways to cover the entire line with 1 jet without rotating the hose?

otherwise it's the best cutting nozzle out there.

rick.
    Rick, I've never heard anything negative about a properly sized Warthog with the right volume. Disagree?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Rick, I've never heard anything negative about a properly sized Warthog with the right volume. Disagree?

Thanks.

J.C.
      root ranger= 1 rear jet with all the flow, will out cut a warthog and cost 50% less too

warthog= 2 side jets and 1 forward jet.

the major difference is the warthog has a better chance of cutting through a stopped up drain with it's forward jet. while the root ranger without the forward jet will struggle.

most of the time the line is not a solid blockage and the rr will penetrate. the newer 1/4'' rr already has a forward jet drilled. the 1/2'' one bill is casting now with the forward jet.

the other drawback is the rr with the 1 rear jet requires you to work the hose to cover 100% of the pipe. but that's not too difficult if you already have an idea of the problems/ video.

a 1/4'' rr will also work great with a smaller jetter 4gpm/ 3000psi.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick

The Tribine has 3 evenly positioned nozzles so it clears the complete side walls of the pipe.

The new front insert is larger on the 1/2" Root Ranger!

Notice the subtly positioned trucks in the background? The work truck is the one that was broken into.
        Attached Files
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

That root ranger scares me I would be worried it would get caught up.
          Cheers
          Greg

Comment

I also put several thousand psi through the saphire crystal lens seal on my early B&W SeeSnake! We use the "strap-on" method of using the Jetter and camera in the drain at the same time. If you duct tape the back of the spring at the pushrod to the front of the Root Ranger nozzle in the 'v' section it will lock it in tight and prevent it from coming loose.

The system allows the operator to see what they have just cleared, quickly! Each time you clear a section, you pull both the pushrod and jet hose back, check it's clear then let the RR pull the hoses forward to the next obstruction. Easy!

It is also helpful when you can't push the camera as far as you need to, just "strap-on" the RR and away she goes. I will finish making the fixed adaptor so you don't need duct tape.... one day!

Now, if the duct tape wears through, it will come apart and you will be in trouble.
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Rick, make sure you ask Nick at US Jetting for the 1/2" unloader valve for your 4018. Makes all the difference when using smaller hoses, just leave it on idle.
              Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

that deal fell through as the company i was going to buy it from was a liar.

when i inquired about the unit, i was told it was an 09 with 12 hours on it. they took photos and emailed me all of this in writing.

i drive there to see it first hand and how stupid did they think i was

it's a 07 with 55 hours. the unit was not able to be started as the pressure gage, pulsator valve were missing. the hose was missing and the hydraulic hose reel was apart. not to mention a dead battery.

i was pissed they lied as the unit was basically 50' from their office and they still managed to lie about the hour meter and build /vin date. the b.s. story they gave me was more b.s.

best part was they weren't budging on the price.

so, at this point, i'm still looking for a newer unit.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Call Nick Woodhead at US Jetting and tell him I sent you for a great deal on a new or ex demo unit!
                  Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X