What do you do.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do.

Ok. You go in to use the rest room at the restaurant or store and there is something wrong. Maybe the toilet is clogged there is a plunger right there so you give it a plunge and it opens OK you did your good deed ! but you notice the flapper is not closing at the right time, heck the lid isn't that hard to take off you see that somebody put the flapper on wrong it isn't much to fix then you see the water level is not quiet right ! then there is a wobble from a lose bolt or maybe the sink Faust screen is clogged. The restaurant isn't one of your costumers they do everything themselves you have already told the manager about the problem but the next time you go back nothing is ever done about it. You like going there everything is great but the plumbing is driving you nuts and you start thinking how much of a risk would it be to fix it. Tell me how meany of you have fixed it and how much work have you done ? I have done the plunging, adjusted the water level tightened the Handel and the seat, nothing major . That happens when my relatives invite me to dinner, I know I better bring my work van.

Re: What do you do.

the old saying "will work for food" is very true. i've been called to the rescue while dining out more than once.

there was a quiznos that i would take care of stoppages for lunch anytime i was around

would a doctor let a person choke if they were present

i won't let a business flood if i'm there

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

rofl... I eat the hell out of Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches but I'll be damned if I can get them to call me for anything but a urinal they can't get w/o pulling it off the wall. regardless, I can't leave their crap flushvalves alone; I rarely drive through as i always want to wash my hands before eating, and it just chaps my hide that I cannont go get lunch from these people who never call me w/o checking the flush on the whole men's bath while I'm in there.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

If it's something extra that only takes me several minutes I will make it right

Comment

Well I am glad I am not the only one. I guess it is not! just about the pay

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
            Ok. You go in to use the rest room at the restaurant or store and there is something wrong. Maybe the toilet is clogged there is a plunger right there so you give it a plunge and it opens OK you did your good deed ! but you notice the flapper is not closing at the right time, heck the lid isn't that hard to take off you see that somebody put the flapper on wrong it isn't much to fix then you see the water level is not quiet right ! then there is a wobble from a lose bolt or maybe the sink Faust screen is clogged. The restaurant isn't one of your costumers they do everything themselves you have already told the manager about the problem but the next time you go back nothing is ever done about it. You like going there everything is great but the plumbing is driving you nuts and you start thinking how much of a risk would it be to fix it. Tell me how meany of you have fixed it and how much work have you done ? I have done the plunging, adjusted the water level tightened the Handel and the seat, nothing major . That happens when my relatives invite me to dinner, I know I better bring my work van.
            gtmerkely:

Over the years I've fixed a few flappers and loose handles, etc. I don't think I've ever mentioned it to the restaurant's management when I've done so. Although I have let them know if they have a problem that is more serious than a quickie adjustment that I can't do on the fly. Interesting to me is that when I have let someone know about whatever the problem is they've never had me do the repair. Which is fine of course.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I have turned the water off on an ice machine. I women was trying to keep it under raps. I said I would take a look and, bam the bar tab was on the house.

I stop for coffee at Micky D all the time close to the treatment plant. There men bath sink is always half backed up. I have given her 3 cards. No calls sink is still backed up all the time.

Comment

I have tightend tons of toilet handles I always check toilet to make sure it flushes befor useing it and adjust water if needed best one was when owner of bar asked me to augerd a toilet at bar and next round on him I pulled out a drivers license from toilet and guy was still there drinking
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                X