Another stolen camera!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another stolen camera!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Lets see it was some one who knew where the equipment was, they knew where the plumber lived, where the truck was parked, knew the plumbers habits when he went to bed or would not be around, a pro would only stay 15 minutes from start to finish so the cops could not get there in time even if they were called, that would leave a customer who asked when the plumber started to work where he lived and what a unit like that would cost, Another employee , some other co. employee that you work for. a friend or relative of the plumber, ask the plumber if he had any customer ask any questions in the last 6 weeks, They will be back with in a month after you get your replacement.Was any thing small taken from the truck maybe that the plumber thought he left some where about 2 weeks ago ? pro's will make a test run to see if any extra equipment is needed and check every thing out. Serial # is an easy fix with a stamper kit. I would look more at auction houses or used equipment stores, flea markets, see what area other stolen items that were recovered in and hit them hard. Here every thing goes to one state over and that states stuff comes here to the action house if they find the stuff at the auction house the guy who brought it just disappears if they check the guy gave a fake ID and address. Don't count on the cops getting it back there is only so much they can do and cant look every were for every thing most times they will only get it in transport if they pull the guy over for something else. Now don't get me wrong IM not a pro. thief but I use to play in country bands in bars and honkey tonks with some ruff guys some right out of prison and they had got a good education in there. the things they hated was dogs, nanny cams only worked if they couldn't cover there face and missing parts that made it useless and a name permanently marked on most auctions houses wont sell that stuff and it is to hard for any other person to buy it without asking questions, Take something a part and put your name inside a cover that way even if they get rid of the ser # they will have a hard time explaining how your name and phone # address got in side don't use any ID # That is useless in any other part of the country but your own

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
      Last night someone helped themselves to another one of our Ridgid mini colour SeeSnake Camera, LCD Monitor and Scout locater plus a remote mini reel for the Jetter! $16k

I just hope it was one of our older units! Because they forced our locked boxes open it should be insured. Last time the boxes were not locked and the insurance company would not pay.

That's the problem with Ridgid gear.... everyone wants it!

Sorry to hear that Bill, sounds like someone knew what they wanted......
      Not good , hope it turns up soon

Comment

I have 'Data Dot' that we sell in the shop. I will bring in all our cameras and Jetters on Monday and spray them all!
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Bill what is data dot.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
            Bill what is data dot.
            It is a small can of spray-on dots that you apply to cars, tools etc. You cannot see it. Each dot has a numerical code on it. When stolen goods are handed into the police they run a special light over them and if data dot has been used the light identifies it and they can use a microscope to read the number on the dots.

After you apply it you log onto their web site and register your company details with them and the code on the can. Another Aussie idea! Has been around for years. We always put a Data Dot sticker on the items we apply it to so the bad guys know it can be traced and the police know to scan the item. http://www.datadotdna.com/australia/
            Last edited by bill2601; 05-09-2010, 04:06 PM.
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm going to lock my van right now.

Comment

Here its called tagnet's but you have to mix them in with paint or glue, they want to mix it in with gunpowder so if someone shoots someone stealing there TV cam it will blow all over and let the cops know where the ammo came from or was stole from so they can blame the wrong guy, But a few under a hidden spot on equipment would be nice. Just so they cant use an earth magnet on it or a mag-D. They make small GPS trackers that they put under our coon dog's skin and a name and address ID. that can be read with a wand but I don't know how well they work. But anything to make there job harder is worth it. The worst thing for a crook is time if you can make it so they have to spend more time (any thing past the 15 to 20 minute mark) most scum bags will chicken out unless there stupid and if there that stupid that paint of yours should put them in jail or the extra time might give someone a chance to catch them. Paint it every where you can and tell everyone it is marked more then one way not just the paint it just might scare the scum away. I buy things at auctions and flea markets and pawn shops all the time with names on it you just got to make sure people know it's stolen or you can find it again and prove it is yours. I will be checking E-Bay over here and if I see anything I will let you know. But I think everyone here will be checking every auction on the net and telling you if we find anything.

Comment

Not having a good run, Brick through windscreen this morning!
                  Remember the 3 day rule? The crooks will break in or attempt to break in on day one and 3 days later they return! Well its 3 days later and the truck is now going to be stored at our office!

$260 for a windscreen. Bigger companies wanted nearly $500!

I now believe it was a disgruntled competitor! Everything always comes back to me through the gossip circles on the street or at TAFE through the apprentices. We will have to find this person and make an example of them, plumber style! I will send pictures of the outcome!
                  Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Remember the 3 day rule? The crooks will break in or attempt to break in on day one and 3 days later they return! Well its 3 days later and the truck is now going to be stored at our office!

I now believe it was a disgruntled competitor! Everything always comes back to me through the gossip circles on the street or at TAFE through the apprentices. We will have to find this person and make an example of them, plumber style! I will send pictures of the outcome!
                    Once you find out who it is fly me out there I will bring my short handle 16lb sledge hammer and knee cap the sob for you. Then we can go off have a few pints.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    Ron's Facebook
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Put it right back there with a hidden video camera.

J.C.

Comment

It'd be hard for someone in the business, who knows how expensive it is, to trash the camera. It'd be awfully tempting to hide the thing somewhere and use it for parts, if not just brazenly put it to work. Stupid, but hard not to do. And someone who steals and vandalizes is basically a coward, and proabably stupid.

If you can sniff around and find out and nail them with it, what could be sweeter than seeing the sob arrested? Any chance?
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

News just in.... a local plumbing company was seen by the lady across the road sniffing around the truck last week. When she came out to see what he was doing, he took off in his truck...very sus! I know the company so we will dig around and see what surfaces! It won't be the owner but quite possibly one of his plumbers. We'll get him! Keep you posted.
                          Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Had the same problem with a competitor they ruined my van transmission and radiator and stole my dog Insurance wouldn't pay said the transmission was full of dirt because of not changing fluid, I had just had it serviced 2 weeks before, they said no one could have put dirt in it. The guy bragged he had used dust off shop vac filter to pour down hole followed by tire stop leak slime $4000. I had to pay it myself. But it might give you some ideal how to return the favor.

Comment

If a man steals another mans dog over here, that's a hanging offence! I'd hunt him down and teach him a lesson he wouldn't forget in a hurry!

I'd be very unimpressed if they messed with my engine! I can handle a windscreen and stolen goods but if my truck wont run, I'm down $2k a day and a plumber without work!

We filled up with water from a petrol station a few years ago due to a leaking underground fuel tank. Petrol station paid for the repair and 3 days loss of income!
                              Last edited by bill2601; 05-11-2010, 04:23 AM.
                              Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

I might have watched to many spy shows wouldnt it be good if you could put a device that you can activate with your mobile phone and you could track via gps.

Comment

Working...
                                X