Another stolen camera!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another stolen camera!

Last night someone helped themselves to another one of our Ridgid mini colour SeeSnake Camera, LCD Monitor and Scout locater plus a remote mini reel for the Jetter! $16k

I just hope it was one of our older units! Because they forced our locked boxes open it should be insured. Last time the boxes were not locked and the insurance company would not pay.

That's the problem with Ridgid gear.... everyone wants it!
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Re: Another stolen camera!

Sorry to hear that Bill, I keep mine in the house...I can't afford a hit like that.
    The Other Rick

Comment

I'd like to learn to play cricket... id them, give me a bat, I'll be back in the states before the dust settles.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Honestly...

How many see snakes are there in oz? You have serial #'s. Hit the pawn shops and find it; it isn't gone until it's cash, and even then it's out there somewhere, and it's yours. I'd bet a dollar or two you can find it if you want to; it's nothing but a thorn in that thief's side until he turns it, and you know anyone who has a use for it, and it can be chased back to him with proper care, and I've got nothing better to do.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

bill was the truck parked at your shop? or at the plumbers house?

i wish there was a way to install lojack on our equipment.

either they stole it for themselves and it might be difficult to find, or as alex mentioned they stole it for quick cash. then you might have luck with the pawn shops, swap meets, ebay, craigs list, even putting the word out at the supply houses.

sooner or later they will be caught and with any luck, your stuff found.

sorry to hear about your loss

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Trucks are all parked at plumbers homes. They only opened the 2 boxes where the gear was kept not any other boxes which means they knew exactly where the gear was.....makes me think it was an inside job, past employee, usual stuff! I'll tell you how we go with the insurance this time.
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Too obvious; idiots. Find a lever and lean on it. There are only so many places it can go; run them down and find the damn thing and work back. Ins just perpetuates the problem; get blood. I may come off as insane, but this is exactly the response dictatated; It is not about $. It is about basic priciples. You take ins $ to let it go, you just signalled tacit acceptance of the whole nightmare.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the lost gear Bill. Makes me think twice about my insurance though. I just got the reminder call last week about my jetter and camera insurance is due and I was going to drop the insurance on the jetter and keep it on the camera but now I think I will just keep it all covered! The jetter in bolted down but I spose if they want it then they will get it!

Comment

I was thinking of installing I-red cameras inside my truck Hide them well along with a recording device. When someone enters the truck while its not running it would record the on goings. This way I would have video evidence to bust the SOB with.

Sorry you got hit again Bill. I hope the SOB that did it gets caugt.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  Ron's Facebook
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                    Trucks are all parked at plumbers homes. They only opened the 2 boxes where the gear was kept not any other boxes which means they knew exactly where the gear was.....makes me think it was an inside job, past employee, usual stuff! I'll tell you how we go with the insurance this time.

Tell everyone monday morning that is employed by you that a lie detector test shall be given, throw a bluff. See who is the first to abandon ship.

You'll find your thief real quick.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Sorry about your camera being stolen. Inside job maybe or someone has been watching in need of cash and knows the value of your see snake.
                      Call all the pawn shops within a 100 miles of you. Then again check if any new companies are starting up
                      Last edited by UnClogNH; 05-08-2010, 09:35 AM.
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I'd just fire everybody on Monday until it returned.

J.C.

Comment

What if You took off One specific camera part off each night . Some odd ball part. if a camera was stolen You could send a flier to all suppliers about Your situation.
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

sorry this happening to you or any one out there ,you need a Bloodhound [ you can run but you cant hide ]
                            im sure a plane ticket for me and Rosie would be cheep to get this person for you then replacing the tool

the only people in and out of the truck is the people that work out of it so if some one else opened a door and put there hands in side they left there scent in there ,as long as the regular people are there when you start the dog the dog will know you want them to find the missing person . this will even work if another employee that does not work out of that truck and thought it was a good idea to take some thing out of a different truck .put the people in a line up and the dog will go to the people that have gone into that box and if it was some one that should not be in there well
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

what a bunch of lo down dirty poop eating mother F-ers
                              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                              1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                              X