Jetter / Pressure washer pulse vavle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter / Pressure washer pulse vavle

I have a 13hp honda pressure washer 3600psi 4gpm. I converted it to a jetter.
    I have Annovi Reverberi Jetter Valve installed on the pump. For pressure washing it works great, when i turn the valve to jet, it puts out very little power from the pump, when i swithch it back to pressure wash it works great! The vavle has work for my 1st 2 jet jobs, now it almost booggs the pump down when turn on to jet. Whats wrong?

Re: Jetter / Pressure washer pulse vavle

Did you just install the jet valve? and was it installed on the right port?

Comment

I installed the jet valve where "Watercannon" told me to. The center port on the bottom.

Comment

Do you even need that valve?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
          I installed the jet valve where "Watercannon" told me to. The center port on the bottom.
          I have the same jetter and that's where mine is. I did notice that to open mine all the way I had to remove part of the handle because it hit the frame. Full open to full shut is about 3/4 turn right?

Comment

plumbscrack, you are dead on!! i had to trim the handle down to get it to turn!

Comment

the valve is designed to keep the low pressure check valve open so it can't develop high pressure. this causes a pulse and vibration in the 3 plunger pump. it's possible it's pushed too far in and has bottomed out the spring and seat. try only a partial turn.

the better way to do it is to install a high pressure valve and bypass the water back to the intake.
              this circulates the water and doesn't mess with the check valve or spring.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I have a pulse valve installed but almost never use it, if I need to make a turn or get stuck I just open and close the ball valve on the reel a few times then back to full on. is this how you are doing it JH? or are you jetting in pulse mode cutting down your cleaning pressure?
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Another possibility I ran into with my jetter is clogged nozzles. Because the nozzle was clogged the unloader opened up and all I getting was the "bypass" pressure.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I was jetting in pulse mode. CUDA.....I may take your tip on just using the ball valve methed. The pulse mode does seem to cut down your pressure. You and RICK have the Answers!

Comment

jh, a foot valve is the safest and most convenient way to control your jetter hose and allow both hands free to work the hose. ridgid makes a very nice foot valve model # fv-1.

the pedal allows for very fast opening and closing, creating a big pulse on demand.

if you want to try it out and not commit to the foot valve, then hook up your hose to the spray wand. of course this will tie up 1 hand to operate, but it is the same principal as the foot valve and you'll get the idea of the valve.

a high pressure ball valve is not a good safety valve. it's good for shutting off flow to allow you to change nozzles, tools, but in an emergency you have to grab the valve and manually turn it off. the foot valve or spray wand is self closing and in an emergency, you step off or let go

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        jh, a foot valve is the safest and most convenient way to control your jetter hose and allow both hands free to work the hose. ridgid makes a very nice foot valve model # fv-1.

the pedal allows for very fast opening and closing, creating a big pulse on demand.

if you want to try it out and not commit to the foot valve, then hook up your hose to the spray wand. of course this will tie up 1 hand to operate, but it is the same principal as the foot valve and you'll get the idea of the valve.

a high pressure ball valve is not a good safety valve. it's good for shutting off flow to allow you to change nozzles, tools, but in an emergency you have to grab the valve and manually turn it off. the foot valve or spray wand is self closing and in an emergency, you step off or let go

rick.
                        Rick, I seem to remember a story about someone getting their boot stuck in a foot switch a while back, I can't remember who it was though...

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          Rick, I seem to remember a story about someone getting their boot stuck in a foot switch a while back, I can't remember who it was though...

Comment

Working...
                          X