X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: soap blockage

Hopefully, the soap will have softened overnight in the trap be easy to break up and force through.

Comment

Originally posted by red1234 View Post
      Maybe k-50 cable(no kinks) with bulb head auger or c-cutter or 4-blade cutter.Make a guide from 3/4' pvc heated and bent into a gentle curve at the end.(Think toliet auger for general shape)
      Rick is right on. I have 1" pvc guide tube on the truck with a length of C-7 for that exact reason. The C-7 is almost the exact same cable as a K-6 Auger. I flip a milk crate or a bucket upside down, set the K-50 on it and go. Takes a little longer than augering, but sometimes it's the only way. (like when the toilet is plastered or tiled/grouted to the floor.

I've used this system to clear blockages 15-20' downstream. Just be careful or you can break the WC trap.

Comment

Stxrus,which route did you choose?

Or have you did any more?

Comment

got a cheapie (only type on island ) closet auger with a bulb head. i guess if it lasts 3 more uses i'll have got my $ worth.

flushed and plunged about a dozen times to clear up the water and soften the soap some more.

finally got it cleared. i gotta tell yo that was NO 1/2 bar of soap in there. how it made its way to the bottom of the trap is amazing. felt it when i hit it. spin, pull, push and repeat. water went partially down and stopped again. #^%$&# i said to myself and retrieved the auger. a ball of soap the size of a golf ball was on the head. reentered the bowl, refilled the bowl, and went after it again. the water went completely down. retrieved and the entire bulb was covered in a ball of soap.

filled the bowl again, plunged and all the water went away . the toilet flushed like it was brand new. 4 more flushes with paper and all is good.

stuck the camera into the through house CO, had her flush as i watched. everyone was happy.

thanks for the responses from everyone. i'm a bit leery of using the K-50 for fear of breaking the toilet. too much brute force.

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Not to be a butt(plumbers crack), I know you are on the islands but how do you have a camera and not a closet auger?? I know you guys were mostly talking rooters for longer lengths for the plaster to the floor toilet, but sheesh gotta try the 6' extended hand auger first, it already has the sleeved plastic tube on the end....

Comment

i use a general drop head auger that should cheww it up

Comment

i am saddened to announce the death of my beloved soap retrever closet auger. use #3 and the plastic sleeve snapped when the cable kinked after grabbing what we think was a childs toy in the throne. it was given a proper farewell as i tossed it in the dumpster.

it will be missed. it was one of the good ones

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                  i am saddened to announce the death of my beloved soap retrever closet auger. use #3 and the plastic sleeve snapped when the cable kinked after grabbing what we think was a childs toy in the throne. it was given a proper farewell as i tossed it in the dumpster.

it will be missed. it was one of the good ones

steve

General or Ridgid ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    General or Ridgid ?
                    Cobra. like i said very very cheap. just not inexpensive

steve

Comment

general 6' telescoper. years of use, hundreds of toilets, spritz something lube-like on the button once in a while.

only complaint is the aluminum-oxide stain on my hands after use.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X