soap blockage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soap blockage

lady calls with a toilet blockage. i go out, remove a huge mass of paper from the bowl. open the through house CO. line is clear. go back and plunge. the water is sudsy and slowly the bowl is dry. try a bucket of water. the water goes down slowly and you can hear it draining into the closet bend. i ask
    rd if she knew of a tooth btush or something accidentally getting flushed. she replies, "oh a bar of soap fell in and i flushed it to get rid of it"

very unever tile floor with the base plastered to the floor. she has to leave so i am scheduled to go back tomorrow AM.

any ideas to get rid of the bar of soap without the pain of yanking the toilet and tring to regrout the thing back? she doesn't have a lot of money, but i'd like to get her up and running as quicly as possible as economically as i can.

i hate these kinds of calls

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: soap blockage

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
    lady calls with a toilet blockage. i go out, remove a huge mass of paper from the bowl. open the through house CO. line is clear. go back and plunge. the water is sudsy and slowly the bowl is dry. try a bucket of water. the water goes down slowly and you can hear it draining into the closet bend. i ask
    rd if she knew of a tooth btush or something accidentally getting flushed. she replies, "oh a bar of soap fell in and i flushed it to get rid of it"

very unever tile floor with the base plastered to the floor. she has to leave so i am scheduled to go back tomorrow AM.

any ideas to get rid of the bar of soap without the pain of yanking the toilet and tring to regrout the thing back? she doesn't have a lot of money, but i'd like to get her up and running as quicly as possible as economically as i can.

i hate these kinds of calls

steve
    I would like to suggest you flush some cheese down to entice sewer rats into her main drain to take a nice soapy bath to clean up before the meal. That might consume the soap. But you might have some hair clog problems in the drain.

Seriously, what about hooking up an adapter to the aereator on her vanity/pedestal faucet, and run a hose to her toilet. Shove the hose through the trap on the toilet and just let water run. Preferably warm water. Let go for a few hours. (Yep, they will have to turn the hot water off for an hour, then back on.)

If you had a minicam and a small jetter you could locate the soap, push the hose through the toilet to the soap and let'er rip.

You could pull the toilet and get your cable nice and clean for a change!

After re reading your post it sounds like the soap is still in the toilet. Did you try to auger it to push it out?

Good luck.
    Last edited by geno gardner; 05-11-2010, 05:24 PM.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Toilet auger. I see it all the time; lazy housekeeping staff.

Auger will break/mush it up enough on it's way through that the rest will wash out. Often i do a plugged up stool and don't know it was a bar of soap until I pull back and there is soap wadded into the end of the auger.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

i guess i'll pick up another top snake tomorrow. the last one fell apart after 4 uses and i said screw it. it would be nice not to have to deal with this floor on a reset. i see nothing but a PITA here.

i'm guessing it's at or near the base but my camera (compact color) won't make the turns.

anymore ideas from anybody? i'm hoping for miracles here.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Auger, auger, auger

Plunge, plunge, plunge

Flush, flush, flush

Repeat.....

Man, I know what you mean about pulling a toilet plastered to the floor. You just know it's going to be ugly.

Comment

Don't tell anyone I said this, but General makes a better auger than Ridgid. Don't get one of those cheap ones, get a good one and it will last you for years.
            The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              Auger, auger, auger

Plunge, plunge, plunge

Flush, flush, flush

Repeat.....

Man, I know what you mean about pulling a toilet plastered to the floor. You just know it's going to be ugly.
              i'm afraid that is the ONLY solution. i spoke to the HO a while ago. the bar of soap, if she is remotely on track, is about 1/2 of a bath size bar of Irish Spring

i guess this is why they call it "work"

steve

Comment

If were still a kid you could have invited my mom and I to said bathroom and paid me a quarter to swear just loud enough for her to hear, and I can guarantee you she'd have that bar of soap out of the WC and IN MY MOUTH in 4.2 seconds
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Maybe k-50 cable(no kinks) with bulb head auger or c-cutter or 4-blade cutter.Make a guide from 3/4' pvc heated and bent into a gentle curve at the end.(Think toliet auger for general shape)

Comment

um, how about a toilet auger?
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                      um, how about a toilet auger?
                      Seemed as if he wanted to use what was on hand,without buying a new auger.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a toilet auger if you need one or prefer one once in awhile.

I've used my General I-95 at different times in similar situations. 5/8" cable, 1.5" or 2" PVC, 1.5" or 2" Fernco, 1.5" or 2" St. 45. I make a guide tube & just stick the Fernco on the end without bands. Works pretty good, no scratching.

Might be a way for you to get double duty out of your sectional if you don't want to buy a toilet auger.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

your k-50 with a piece of hose or pvc flex will protect the china of the toilet. use a auger or small 4 blade cutter to help stir things up. just go easy so you don't break the china

the k-50 with the instant clutch will be much easier than an auger and the cable is less prone to kink.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

I had a H.O that had a lot of soap figurines above the toilet. one fell in and clogged the toilet. I ended up using my shop vac with a piece of plastic tubing through the trap to suck it out. maybe you can try that it worked for me

Comment

about 10 years ago i changed 6 toilets for the production offices of south park

they actually had "mr hanky the christmas poo" sitting on a tank lid. when i lifted the lid to remove the toilet, mr hanky fell in

i never watched the show, but my friends kids filled me in on mr hanky

had to reach in and grab that little $hit

rick
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X