X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I got the rental machine stuck !

Got a call yesterday a past customer called and wanted me to come out and clean his main line. The last time I almost didn't get out ! sharp bends, unsupported pipes rigged connections under crawl space DIY all the way, I told him last time he needed an out side clean out I wouldn't drill again without one , he wanted to wait and would install one himself. When he called I asked if he had put a clean out in. No he didn't want to dig now it was too wet now, I told him I wouldn't do it again unless a C/O was put in he said he would call back. Didn't hear from him till tonight, he said he had rented a machine and was in the line but he couldn't get it open wanted me to come over, I told him I would If we could get a C/O put in I wouldn't do it again without one as I believed I would get stuck maybe even break off and cable and heads were not cheap. OK come over, About 15 minutes later his wife called, he got it open I don't have to come, I told my son that was a relief he wouldn't have let us put in a C/O and we would have made a 25 mile trip for nothing I told him in 10 minutes he will call us back and say he wants us to get the stuck cable out HA HA. Well I missed that one it took only 5 minutes, He calls back I cant get the cable out can you come and try to get it out ? I told him if he will sign off that If it breaks or anything is damaged it is his dime. OK just come get this thing out drove 30 minutes to get there ( winding roads and goat paths) put the rental in reverse got it out in 15 sec. and drove back 30 min. He had a root ripper on the end that caught up on the sharp edges of the DIY connections.Every time I get a rental un stuck they always put the biggest or meanest looking head on first they figure it has more power to cut and wont get stuck. This guy had blisters on his hands they didn't tell him to ware gloves, His belly was rubbed raw they didn't tell him to ware a shirt he went to work on it wearying swimming trunks. I have been pulling more rental cables out the past year then I did in the last 40 years. Drains are just not for DIY's

Re: Help I got the rental machine stuck !

i have 2 regular customers that i don't mind if they never call me again

i have a track record with their sewers and they both need the lines repaired/ replaced. of course they say they will when they save / have the money.

come to think of it, i haven't heard from them in close to a year
    but then again, i just don't pop it open, i clean it

it's the tug of war that i get into just to get my cable back.

don't need to worry about rental machines with my customers. it's other plumbers machines i need to worry about

rick.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I love those calls
      I just tell them sorry I'm busy and booked with calls. One of the best ways to discourage people to stop renting or buying machines and spread their horror story to friends and family and CO workers about how renting or buying a machine was a bad idea.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

"This guy had blisters on his hands they didn't tell him to ware gloves, His belly was rubbed raw they didn't tell him to ware a shirt he went to work on it wearying swimming trunks."

LMAO !!!

Comment

I can just see it; I'm thinking big belly hanging over a tangerine speedo; zut alor!
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
            I love those calls
            I just tell them sorry I'm busy and booked with calls. One of the best ways to discourage people to stop renting or buying machines and spread their horror story to friends and family and CO workers about how renting or buying a machine was a bad idea.
            Great answer used it myself MANY times, sometimes the customer is SOO obviously smarter than I am, so I let them FIX their own mistakes...

Comment

Hey Rick would one of those customers be Lesner?

Comment

thanks rookie for your problem child

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  I can just see it; I'm thinking big belly hanging over a tangerine speedo; zut alor!
                  It was black but the belly part was right.

Comment

Working...
                  X