X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell the k1500??? Get a K60???

Just after some input as I'm considering selling my K1500!

Only because of space on the truck and the majority of my work is with my jetter.

I do have need of a sectional machine though as I still prefer to use a sectional if the job might flood or for retrieval of the cause of the blockage.

My thinking was to offload the k1500 and get a new K60 to take its place and have more room in the truck.....Doesn't matter how big the truck is I will always run out of room! I would just like to have it on board all the time as with the k1500 I leave it at home and get it as I need it.

I know Rick would say keep the k1500 and buy a second as back up then get 2 k60's! Trust me I would love to but my shed is full enough at present.

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers Phil.

Re: Sell the k1500??? Get a K60???

well, personally I prefer drums, but we share a preference for jetting over cables.

I keep small cable machines on the van for when I don't want to jet, and the big one at the shop for as needed. It works well for me, and might for you as well.

If you like sectionals, the k-60 is about as versatile as they come, and would fill that on the van niche nicely w/o taking up a ton of space. But if I were you I'd hold onto the big badboy and keep it at the shop for when you need it just as you do now.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      well, personally I prefer drums, but we share a preference for jetting over cables.

I keep small cable machines on the van for when I don't want to jet, and the big one at the shop for as needed. It works well for me, and might for you as well.

If you like sectionals, the k-60 is about as versatile as they come, and would fill that on the van niche nicely w/o taking up a ton of space. But if I were you I'd hold onto the big badboy and keep it at the shop for when you need it just as you do now.
      You are probably right about keeping it and getting the k60 for on the truck I just need to convince the wife why I NEED another toy.

The K1500 paid for itself so quickly and now really is an asset eventhough its not often used I would find it hard to part with. Also I learnt on a k1500 as did many Aussie plumbers so I'd like to keep it for sentimental reasons too.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

rick would definitely get the k-60 and put it on the truck. but he wouldn't sell it yet until he has determined that the it was not needed in the truck.

my 1500 has just a few jobs on it and sits at the shop. my timberwolf has taken over for the 1500.

now just to make sure that this applies for you, i would need to visit your operation and see for myself
        rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          rick would definitely get the k-60 and put it on the truck. but he wouldn't sell it yet until he has determined that the it was not needed in the truck.

my 1500 has just a few jobs on it and sits at the shop. my timberwolf has taken over for the 1500.

now just to make sure that this applies for you, i would need to visit your operation and see for myself
          rick.
          Keep trying Rick someone will pay for a trip to OZ for you!

Comment

I'm 100% with you on liking the jetter!! Haven't been on in a while, see 1 new member and Rick buying new US jetters. If I had the biz to justify one right now.. When it comes to these tools, you've gotta think about what you'll get if you sell it. They are specialty tools, you pay a premium new(of course they pay for themselves) and are worth much less the second they are "used". So while it may not warrant space on the truck, you might get a job where it'll come in handy and you'll kick yourself for letting it go. I like jetting, but do have a K39AF and K60 with both cable sizes on the truck. Haven't had enough practice to "master" the 60, but it really is versatile, strong, and safe. Only thing I want to take on a roof other than a jet reel! Rick will explain how to use one and stay clean; there is a learning curve from what I'm told. You won't regret buying one.

Comment

I use my 7500 as a drum and a sectional machine. If I just have roots I just use the 3/4 " drum cable, when it comes to mush I put on the adaptor and use the EEL sectional cable. I have used this set up for a few years now and it works great. I used the 1500 and then the K 60 till the DIY'S started finishing out there basements and didn't know what a clean out was for. I got down to the point where I had to wrap the K 60 guide hose around me and I still didn't have enough room to load the cable. When I need the sec. cable I clean first with the drum then push the EEL cable down and hook it on like the old model N EEL was meant to do.The one problem is pulling it out through a floor trap. I used a home made drum adaptor on the 1500 it worked good but there was no power feed and it took longer to change from sectional and the speed was a little too fast for the drum. OH how I long for the day of unfinished basements.

Comment

gtmerkley..........in what case would you run the EEL 1-1/4" cables with the k-7500?

The 3/4" cable stays in the drum and the eel cables go in the sewer first?

Sounds interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                  gtmerkley..........in what case would you run the EEL 1-1/4" cables with the k-7500?

The 3/4" cable stays in the drum and the eel cables go in the sewer first?

Sounds interesting!
                  Yea on mush or if I need just a few more feet I stick on the EEL cable. It is kind of like 4 wheal drive if I need to get through a tuff spot or going up grade it helps feed in.

Comment

Originally posted by epc View Post
                    Just after some input as I'm considering selling my K1500!

Only because of space on the truck and the majority of my work is with my jetter.

I do have need of a sectional machine though as I still prefer to use a sectional if the job might flood or for retrieval of the cause of the blockage.

My thinking was to offload the k1500 and get a new K60 to take its place and have more room in the truck.....Doesn't matter how big the truck is I will always run out of room! I would just like to have it on board all the time as with the k1500 I leave it at home and get it as I need it.

I know Rick would say keep the k1500 and buy a second as back up then get 2 k60's! Trust me I would love to but my shed is full enough at present.

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers Phil.
                    No Phip I would keep the K1500 and if needed have it as a stand by as you never know when that really hard blockage will come up I cleared a sewer yesterday entering through a rear access on a cast stack that joined an eartheware sewerage pipe in the ground and where they joined tree roots had entered and a plumber with a jetter cleared blockage but not the roots three months earlier and my new client was pissed off.
                    I put my camera down as I normally do now and the roots hadn`t grown back that fast and the previous plumber didn't have a camera, when clearing with a machine you can tell by strain on the cable how bad the blockage is but how do you tell with a jetter that you have really cleared the pipe and do you camera the drain after jettering it.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                      I got down to the point where I had to wrap the K 60 guide hose around me and I still didn't have enough room to load the cable.
                      I store my guide hoses in a 4'' PVC pipe. The pipe is inside the truck against the ceiling corner. I dont have a ladder rack or a storage pipe on the roof should work too.

Best, Dennis....

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis/Ohio View Post
                        I store my guide hoses in a 4'' PVC pipe. The pipe is inside the truck against the ceiling corner. I dont have a ladder rack or a storage pipe on the roof should work too.

Best, Dennis....
                        The problem wasn't not having enough room in the van it was that I didn't have enough room at the clean out. I had just enough space to put the machine then run the guide hose around me and drill, I had to go outside to get each cable there was just no room to work. But thanks I will keep your ideal in mind I still carry it in the van.

Comment

Working...
                        X