Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my new k60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • my new k60

    Well I finally broke down and bought a k60. I used it today for the first time on a commercial drain line with 10' of reverse grade. This is the third time I've cleaned this line I figured I would familiarize myself with her without an audience.
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

  • #2
    Re: my new k60

    Unlike PlumberRick, who needs a film crew where ever he goes. But he does come up with some really good pics...
    The Other Rick

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: my new k60

      Originally posted by haycad View Post
      Well I finally broke down and bought a k60. I used it today for the first time on a commercial drain line with 10' of reverse grade. This is the third time I've cleaned this line I figured I would familiarize myself with her without an audience.

      So what do you think of it are you impressed?

      Keep us updated on your opinion.

      Cheers Phil.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: my new k60

        If you have to go very far up a line with a lot of fall I have to use dual cable, the shingle cable wants to push out, I need the extra stiffness of the dual so I have more push.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: my new k60

          if it's a sludge stoppage with the reverse grade, i would use the largest 4 blade cutter that fits the pipe.

          roots get the spiral root saw.

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: my new k60

            I'm actually just maintaining the line for the plumbing company who did the original plumbing until they find time to jack hammer the floor up. As far as the k60 gos it was a little awkward compared to the 7500 but I think I'm going to like it once I'm used to it
            Mike
            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: my new k60

              Originally posted by haycad View Post
              I'm actually just maintaining the line for the plumbing company who did the original plumbing until they find time to jack hammer the floor up. As far as the k60 gos it was a little awkward compared to the 7500 but I think I'm going to like it once I'm used to it
              I'm at the point now where I look back to those first few days when I was fumbling around with sections trying different combinations with tarps,buckets,guide hose.It was a little humbling with a buddy looking over my shoulder as the 5/8" wrapped my tarp cause I was trying to go faster without a guide hose in the laundry room.

              I would not give up on the K-60 no matter how frustrated/MAD I would get that I couldn't get the flow.
              It was only for the fact that two of my very good friends reassured me that it would come together.Besides,I'm one of those stuborn azzholes that figures if anyone can do it I can.

              Now over a year later I took my K-3800 into a house to do some mainline work on nice beige carpeting.The dang thing is irritating,it is so slow with it's 200rpm.Hardly a moment went by were I wasn't thinking "Maybe I should've used the 60."Had I only had the K-60 on the truck I could've handled the carpet.

              I so much like this sectional machine.I'm loaded down with both service and construction equipment and material.It's profile is so small.I can do the work of two machines,a mainline and a middleweight for kitchen and laundry.With the K-39 and K-60 I haven't been stopped(Knock on wood and thank my maker).

              Thank you guys.Yes Rick,you too.Had It not been for Utah helping us understand the benefits of ridgid's sectionals I wouldn't be able to thank you for having so much to do with me having the confidence I have.

              Your in good company Haycad.
              The more you use it you'll love it.
              Some will argue difference,unfortunately I cannot hear it.

              Adam

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: my new k60

                Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                I'm at the point now where I look back to those first few days when I was fumbling around with sections trying different combinations with tarps,buckets,guide hose.It was a little humbling with a buddy looking over my shoulder as the 5/8" wrapped my tarp cause I was trying to go faster without a guide hose in the laundry room.

                I would not give up on the K-60 no matter how frustrated/MAD I would get that I couldn't get the flow.
                It was only for the fact that two of my very good friends reassured me that it would come together.Besides,I'm one of those stuborn azzholes that figures if anyone can do it I can.

                Now over a year later I took my K-3800 into a house to do some mainline work on nice beige carpeting.The dang thing is irritating,it is so slow with it's 200rpm.Hardly a moment went by were I wasn't thinking "Maybe I should've used the 60."Had I only had the K-60 on the truck I could've handled the carpet.

                I so much like this sectional machine.I'm loaded down with both service and construction equipment and material.It's profile is so small.I can do the work of two machines,a mainline and a middleweight for kitchen and laundry.With the K-39 and K-60 I haven't been stopped(Knock on wood and thank my maker).

                Thank you guys.Yes Rick,you too.Had It not been for Utah helping us understand the benefits of ridgid's sectionals I wouldn't be able to thank you for having so much to do with me having the confidence I have.

                Your in good company Haycad.
                The more you use it you'll love it.
                Some will argue difference,unfortunately I cannot hear it.

                Adam
                no wonder you didnt pick up the phone.... took you an hour to type that story.....
                sigpic

                Robert

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: my new k60

                  Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                  no wonder you didnt pick up the phone.... took you an hour to type that story.....
                  My closest friends know me best

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: my new k60

                    your way in front of me buddy. i'd had to reread myself 20 times on that. i learned to speed read in college. i should have learned to type, also. breid.............

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: my new k60

                      The funny thing was I knew I would struggle with it the first time. That's why I chose this job I figured after hours at a men's restroom I wouldn't have an audience. No witnesses. Boy was I wrong! Because it was after hours no one had work to get back to. So I had two old guys (they reminded me of the old guys on the muppets) in the peanut gallery watching me the whole time. I started by putting the cable in backwards than I couldn't figure out how to advance the cable. I MUST HAVE LOOKED LIKE A MONKEY HUMPIN A K60 SHAPED FOOTBALL! Good thing I'm a quick learner.
                      Mike
                      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: my new k60

                        Originally posted by haycad View Post
                        The funny thing was I knew I would struggle with it the first time. That's why I chose this job I figured after hours at a men's restroom I wouldn't have an audience. No witnesses. Boy was I wrong! Because it was after hours no one had work to get back to. So I had two old guys (they reminded me of the old guys on the muppets) in the peanut gallery watching me the whole time. I started by putting the cable in backwards than I couldn't figure out how to advance the cable. I MUST HAVE LOOKED LIKE A MONKEY HUMPIN A K60 SHAPED FOOTBALL! Good thing I'm a quick learner.
                        Hate to admit it, but my first job with the K60 was an emergency call. I hadn't even unpackaged the thing before I went to put it into use.

                        I ended up running the cable backwards through the machine and clearing the stoppage anyway. Amazing! Enjoy the learning curve.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: my new k60

                          Originally posted by haycad View Post
                          The funny thing was I knew I would struggle with it the first time. That's why I chose this job I figured after hours at a men's restroom I wouldn't have an audience. No witnesses. Boy was I wrong! Because it was after hours no one had work to get back to. So I had two old guys (they reminded me of the old guys on the muppets) in the peanut gallery watching me the whole time. I started by putting the cable in backwards than I couldn't figure out how to advance the cable. I MUST HAVE LOOKED LIKE A MONKEY HUMPIN A K60 SHAPED FOOTBALL! Good thing I'm a quick learner.
                          I look this way sometimes no matter how much experience I have....

                          I was running my sectional one time, having trouble, and had two employees from the place looking on laughing with suggestions.

                          I told them "It must be nice to not have a damm thing to do. Are ya'll hiring?"

                          J.C.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: my new k60

                            had a city employed garbage man tell me how to jet overhead waste lines today

                            told me he had 10 years as a union plumber to then become a garbage man

                            i actually knew his company and boss

                            long story short, i explained why i was doing it that way. so he would learn new tricks if he ever got back into plumbing.

                            rick.
                            phoebe it is

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: my new k60

                              Yea I just love all those people with all there experience giving me all the advise. I asked one guy how long he had been cleaning drains and why he needed me since he knew how to do it. He puffed up his chest with undeserved pride and told me he had never cleaned a drain and never even seen a drain cleaning machine before he just knew how to do every thing it was a gift. He went on to tell me how he had told the electrician how to hook the electric up and had to redo some of the electric wiring himself. About that time I hit a hard place and the fuse blowed. he put in a new fuse and it blowed again, this kept up till we were out of fuses and I had to pull it out by hand every plug in I tried blue a fuse I had finished my last pass and took my equipment out in the dark. A few days later he called and wanted me to get his poking rod out of the line he had shoved the Handel down the line and it was now wedged in the line. I asked if the line had clogged up again ? He said no but he just thought he could get it open a little better since my machine was not working right.Your motor kept blowing those 10 AMP fuses! you ought to get that motor fixed ! And I told him I think you better get that Electrician back.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X