Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

Originally posted by SEWERRAT66 View Post
    Most suburbs on the south side of Chicago mandate sdr26 sewer pipe only....ray
    I remember now it was unincorporated Cook county. The county inspectors wanted the heavy wall water pipe SDR 26 when we where doing repairs in the parkway. Its been at least 5+ years since I had to dig up a parkway. 99% of the sewers I do just need a proper rodding, or a proper clean out installed.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      Around here the Engineers on big jobs are starting to require mechanical joints at change overs. IE. SDR 35 to clay. Its adding a lot more money to the job. I think in the end it will cause more problems then it will solve.
      Why not just require the Pipelayer to do his job right and offsets won't be a problem.

I found this a few weeks back. I wonder if the installer ever heard of compacting
      Those things I presume are rubber/plastic furnco adaptors.
      Here if we use them we are required to concrete under them to stop them sinking.
      We also have pipe fittings that fit inside of pipe to stop the furnco from sagging.
      If it is a bad spot also we have an expansion joint approved for use under the ground to gain up to 5"of movement.
      I would only use a furnco as a last resort knowing of problems that I have seen previously.

Simon

Comment

I now run 1" pvs touching each band to 1" above grade w/cap. Tell customer to add copper sulfate hot tea each spring. I thought this one up, maybe I'm crazy
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          I now run 1" pvs touching each band to 1" above grade w/cap. Tell customer to add copper sulfate hot tea each spring. I thought this one up, maybe I'm crazy
          Yes
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

had a call from a homeowner this week, she was telling me she called a national chain.they came out and power rodded her sewer and told her she needed a completely newer sewer from house to parkway.55 feet long,5 feet deep in parkway=$15,000.i went out and ran my 1065 out to the parkway with a 5 inch saw blade.no problem until the parkway.located sewer and dug up the parkway and cut out 3 feet of sewer line that was filled with tree roots and replaced it with 6 inch pvc.homeowner very thankful.village inspector was there and told me that this chain was digging up sewers all over town for big money. nothing they could do because its up to the homeowner to get the estimate and ok it.
            Is that Elec feed at Your leg? What's the 4x4 for , and looks like a paint bucket? You saved that Gal! Good for You! Thanks Tool
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yes that's power lines in the ground.bucket was hydro plug for the joint on the village main line wye.and what 4x4?.........ray

Comment

I think what he thought was a 4x4 is the box of oakem.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Yes that's power lines in the ground.bucket was hydro plug for the joint on the village main line wye.and what 4x4?.........ray
                  Hydro plug? To deter roots?

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    I think what he thought was a 4x4 is the box of oakem.
                    Thanks. Oakum for pvs and fernco? Maybe in case He found C.I. ?

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      Hydro plug? To deter roots?
                      Sets up in a snap so you don't have to wait for it to cure before backfilling.
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                      X