Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

national chain & tree roots!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • national chain & tree roots!!!!

    had a call from a homeowner this week, she was telling me she called a national chain.they came out and power rodded her sewer and told her she needed a completely newer sewer from house to parkway.55 feet long,5 feet deep in parkway=$15,000.i went out and ran my 1065 out to the parkway with a 5 inch saw blade.no problem until the parkway.located sewer and dug up the parkway and cut out 3 feet of sewer line that was filled with tree roots and replaced it with 6 inch pvc.homeowner very thankful.village inspector was there and told me that this chain was digging up sewers all over town for big money. nothing they could do because its up to the homeowner to get the estimate and ok it.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

    Nice roots Good job

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

      i hope that's lemonade in the bottle

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

        Do you hop up and down that ladder!?!?

        J.C.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

          So you charged them less than 15k I presume?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

            Rush Sucks.

            J.C.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

              crystal light in the bottle,to old to hop!!!way less then 15k....ray

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

                Originally posted by SEWERRAT66 View Post
                crystal light in the bottle,to old to hop!!!way less then 15k....ray
                The picture makes the guy on the ladder (you?) look 1 legged to me.

                J.C.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

                  Nothing a K39 couldn't handle. BTW, whenever I do a "patch job" like you did which is no problem, I wrap copper flashing around the joints. It prevents roots from growing back inside.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

                    Originally posted by SEWERRAT66 View Post
                    had a call from a homeowner this week, she was telling me she called a national chain.they came out and power rodded her sewer and told her she needed a completely newer sewer from house to parkway.55 feet long,5 feet deep in parkway=$15,000.i went out and ran my 1065 out to the parkway with a 5 inch saw blade.no problem until the parkway.located sewer and dug up the parkway and cut out 3 feet of sewer line that was filled with tree roots and replaced it with 6 inch pvc.homeowner very thankful.village inspector was there and told me that this chain was digging up sewers all over town for big money. nothing they could do because its up to the homeowner to get the estimate and ok it.
                    I am surprised the inspector did not require no-shear repair couplings. Every sewer repair I have done every inspector wants no-shear couplings. And in some towns they want ASTM D-2241 160 PSI SDR 26 pipe when the repairs are made in the parkways.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

                      It is sdr26,I asked the inspector before hand what mission he wanted.I had both on the job......ray

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

                        Do any of you guys around chicago get into bellwood? I grew up there. Just curious.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

                          Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                          I am surprised the inspector did not require no-shear repair couplings. .
                          Around here the Engineers on big jobs are starting to require mechanical joints at change overs. IE. SDR 35 to clay. Its adding a lot more money to the job. I think in the end it will cause more problems then it will solve.
                          Why not just require the Pipelayer to do his job right and offsets won't be a problem.


                          I found this a few weeks back. I wonder if the installer ever heard of compacting
                          Attached Files
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

                            Originally posted by SEWERRAT66 View Post
                            It is sdr26,I asked the inspector before hand what mission he wanted.I had both on the job......ray
                            There is two differnt types of SDR 26, the one you used is sewer pipe. The one I mentioned ASTM D-2241 160 PSI SDR 26 is water pipe It is as thick as SCH 40

                            Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                            Do any of you guys around chicago get into bellwood? I grew up there. Just curious.
                            Go there a lot. We cover as far west as YorkVille and as far east as the SouthEast side of Chicago So Bellwood falls right inbetween
                            Last edited by SewerRatz; 05-24-2010, 09:04 AM.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: national chain & tree roots!!!!

                              Most suburbs on the south side of Chicago mandate sdr26 sewer pipe only....ray

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X