Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pair Shaped - Round - Doulble Offset.....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair Shaped - Round - Doulble Offset.....

What would be the preferred blade and size to run in 4" mains ? What is the advantage/disadvantage of each type ?

Re: Pair Shaped - Round - Doulble Offset.....

For drum you want to use a c cutter. Don't size it to close to the pipe if going through a lot of elbows.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

As I read the posts I find that almost every part of the country is deferent, the type of clogge's, roots, pipe, so no one answer works for everyone. Some can run the biggest cutter first, some can use the round spiral saw, some the C , some the arrow, Here I deal with 100 year old clay pipe with jiffy joints and maple or willow trees, If I used a big spiral first or at all I would get hung big time,I have to use an arrow for the first past then use a mid size C for the next pass Then a C as big as the pipe unless I am cleaning cast iron with the bottom rusted out then I might have to go in with a big spiral saw and hold my breath hoping I don't get stuck.The C works for me because I can almost always make it squeeze together enough to get it back past a bad place where the round cutter will bunch roots behind it and jam. You just have to experiment and see what works for you. Up north, down south, east, west, they all have deferent problems...

Comment

I always run a two inch pair cutter first, then a 3" then the 4" pair cutter, and if access allows then we run the 6" cutter through for the 6" lines. We been rodding sewers like this for over 50 years, and providing a 2 year guarantee on our main sewer rods, with very few call backs.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          providing a 2 year guarantee on our main sewer rods, with very few call backs.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            I posted this many of times, before we went T&M and where flat rate, we wrote the guarantee as follows.
            "guaranteed one free rodding if the above line blocks within 2 years"
            Then we went T&M in the 80's and so we charge a rod charge, service call, and labor. So the wording changed to,
            "guaranteed one labor free rodding if the above line blocks within 2 years."
            So we still would get a service call and rod charge that would cover wear and tear on the truck and rodder.

On the recalls we do get, if we pull out foreign objects like tampons, diaper wipes, underwear, and such we inform them that has voided their guarantee and need to pay full price.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i guess it is based on the type of machine you use too.

the drums are low speed and high torque, i use a pear cutter typically a 4'' x 3'' offset blade via a 4'' c/o.

with my sectional, high speed, less torque, i use a spiral saw. this allows me to saw like a hole saw and use reverse to rip out the roots if need be. the open end of the spiral saw makes for a great auger hook running in a reverse motor direction.

i've found that with big nasty root stoppages, i get better cutting results with the root saw over the pear cutters on a sectional machine.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I use my trusty KM-1500 and the funnel auger is my first line of defence to find out what is the cause of the blockage is and if the pipe has colapsed I can get it out the next is the 3" sharktooth cutter and if possible 4" sharktooth cutter and I do give a twelve month garantee conditions apply.

Tony

Comment

This would be for my Spartan 300. Pair cutter it is

Comment

Working...
                  X