X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggar It

I been clearing sewers for forever but today with my K1500 I lost a cable trying to get in out I put the camera down after clearing the water from the blockage and thought yes I could clear it even better when I should have left well enough alone so I feed two cables down with the thinner leader to get around the 100mm PVC trap with a 75mm sharktooth cutter and no matter what I did in forward or resverse I couldn't get it our a clump of roots had grabbed the cutter or cable which I carn;t fathom and one of the cable connector came apart and that was it a sawtooth cutter leader and one cable stuck halfway in the main sewer and halfway in the customers sewers I could push the cable forward but not out and this hasn't happened for at least five years and the last time by thinest root you could imagine why???????

Tony

Re: Buggar It

the only way it came apart was if the pin detent unhooked. a weak or broken detent spring most likely.

are you able to try cutting the roots out with another cable/ cutter to free up the caught one?

can a jetter help cut it loose?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I feel Your pain! At least it's not Canada where You have to dig 5' in frost! RIGHT ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        the only way it came apart was if the pin detent unhooked. a weak or broken detent spring most likely.

are you able to try cutting the roots out with another cable/ cutter to free up the caught one?

can a jetter help cut it loose?

rick.
        No Rick the whole coupling came off one of the cables as I forwarded and reversed the cable tyring to get it out.

Tony

Comment

Yea I agree with Rick send another cutter down with a arrow or split a 4 blade cutter and take a few of those roots off. I never had that type of cable tangle together when run side by side.

Comment

I do not envy you having to deal with those traps at the property line... I forget what you call them. Seems like if they are going to do that they should also require an access for them at the surface.

Nothing like getting stuck and losing equipment to ruin your day.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
              I do not envy you having to deal with those traps at the property line... I forget what you call them. Seems like if they are going to do that they should also require an access for them at the surface.

Nothing like getting stuck and losing equipment to ruin your day.
              On the older properties the sewerage pipes from a building flow into a boundary trap and then into the authorities sewerage pipe, the boundary trap can be at any depth but a shaft extendes to ground level from them for venting and to gain access and now I am waiting for them to retreve my cable as their sewerage pipes have colasped and will need to be renewed.

Tony

Comment

I have used the hook shape on the Root Ranger to drag cables back for plumbers in the past!
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                  I have used the hook shape on the Root Ranger to drag cables back for plumbers in the past!
                  I actually pulled apart the whole coupling from one of the cables so you can imagine the force involved while trying to get it out no the only way is to dig.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X