We should get hazerd pay sometimes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should get hazerd pay sometimes

what I dont under stand is how do people not think we wont get sick when we go into there house like this . And yes in the first pic to the right that is poo sprayed on the wall I meen how the heck do you s&$t on the wall . And all I had to do was replace toilet seat in one bath and fill valve in second I'll tell you I put on three pairs of ruber gloves just in case one pair riped 2 paires 2 back it up man we need hazerd pay for that
    Attached Files
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Re: We should get hazerd pay sometimes

you need to know when to say no

i've walked away from a couple jobs over the years. that would have made the list

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

In the portable toilet business you see sh*t in a lot of weird places. All you can do is (take your gloves off), scratch your head and wonder. Of course if you think about it too long all you do is want to
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

sad thing was this was a unit in a 95 unit 6 story condo in chicago and they started at $400,000 and she lived on 4 living floor I had three units to work on she was #2 and I was dooing job for mgn company hard to say no to them when that one acount alon just about pays the bills 6 to 8 calls from them on slow week
        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

There comes a time when you have to just walk away I went to a job a couple of weeks ago where the toilet was full of sh+t and the client expected me to clean it up before I could clean the blockage she showed me no respect and that is what it all boils down to I just walked out and she couldn`t understand what my problem was I don`t want or need clients like these.

Tony

Comment

what is strange is the lady was very nice but acted as if nothing was wrong with how her place looked I meen it was beond cleaning if you were to see the kitchen sink 2" of s*%t in it growing if and when she leaves the unit will have to be guted compleatly tub shower base and all
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Wow, I've got a fantastic construction plumber I'm training to come over to the service side of the business. I sure hope he doesn't see this post. You just about have to have a full EPA suit for that job. Geeez. The way some people live just amazes me.

Comment

Wow my guess the lady had some issues. I would have walked off the job sorry lady.
                It's pictures like this that remind me we should be charging premium rates. I am shocked some people start @ $50.00 for these types of service. This field is dirty hard work expensive to run. We deserve to be paid good for working in peoples filth
                No matter how clean the hose looks. It's still poop in those pipes.
                Last edited by UnClogNH; 06-04-2010, 11:38 AM.
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                  Wow my guess the lady had some issues. I would have walked off the job sorry lady.
                  It's pictures like this that remind me we should be charging premium rates. I am shocked some people start @ $50.00 for these types of service. This field is dirty hard work expensive to run. We deserve to be paid good for working in peoples filth
                  No matter how clean the hose looks. It's still poop in those pipes.
                  in chicago union company your comited to $175.00 first hour for us to walk through door includes travel $125.00 after
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

That's why we don't see any new cleaners starting up.The ones on this forum have been in the business for ever, some of us since we were little kids. To me most things don't faze me anymore But I did turn down 2 jobs because of waste. one was when the basement floor had cat sh_t all over it, the second job was changing my kids diaper. I could plow right through human sh_t on the floor stick my hand in a toilet full of it but when it came to changing a diaper it took all I had to keep things down. Go figure, Maybe it was because I wasn't getting paid.

Comment

How'd you get a key to my apt? I had the locks changed and told mgmt to leave me and Mother alone!
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                        In the portable toilet business you see sh*t in a lot of weird places. All you can do is (take your gloves off), scratch your head and wonder. Of course if you think about it too long all you do is want to

I'm the king of this idea. The "kind" that when you see it...you just start busting out laughing because you're like "WTF!!" "Who! Who did this!!!?"

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                        what I dont under stand is how do people not think we wont get sick when we go into there house like this . And yes in the first pic to the right that is poo sprayed on the wall I meen how the heck do you s&$t on the wall . And all I had to do was replace toilet seat in one bath and fill valve in second I'll tell you I put on three pairs of ruber gloves just in case one pair riped 2 paires 2 back it up man we need hazerd pay for that

Here's what you do in those situations:

Ask for access to where their bath towels are. You know they have some clean ones somewhere. Drape one over the bowl with the lid down, one across the floor in front. This will allow you to kneel down without seeing any of it to either pull bolts from the flange, tank to bowl or switching out a fill valve, supply line or valve. Put a towel into that corner as well.

They give you **** about asking for those towels, tell them to pay for the service call because you're leaving with the health dept.'s phone number on speed dial...and they just love unsanitary conditions!

I was a service plumber in Cincinnati working for NORMAR govt. subsidized housing. I've seen bad that makes your pictures look like a bouquet of fresh flowers. Not proud of that statement though...but it happened.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

While I was still a maintenance guy, the company I worked for acquired a 6-plex that was that bad or worse in every unit.

The worst one was a filled toilet that had completely dried.... after gettin all the poo-crete outta there.... I found a crack in the tank, and had to replace it anyway

Of couse the other guys said "i'm not a plumber, you are" and got away with not helping

i'm so glad i'm done with them

Comment

When I was an apprentice years ago I was making service calls with a JM plumber and I saw stuff like this in many of the tract units we had contracts for. It's what turned me off from service plumbing and I chose the pipefitter path. There wasn't enough money in it for me to risk my health at only $3.43/hr back in the mid 70's.
                            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Just for giggles, I'd show up in Hazmat suit.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X