Super Ro-Pump is Super!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Ro-Pump is Super!

Sewer Ratz mentioned a while back how his Ro-Pump was very effective.

Since I like tools that work I tried to get one up this way. No luck. They apparently no longer make them. Then Ron somehow wangled one for me out of AJ Coleman after they told me they had sold their last one. (claimed it was display model or something.)

Anyway, when I got it the thing would not pump for nothing. You had to have mutant arm strength to operate the plunger pump handle. So it was useless to me. Then, one day some common sense seeped into the old noggin (finally) and I tried spraying some silicone lube spray inside the barrel. What a difference!

Yesterday I finally got the payoff. I successfully used the Ro-Pump to unclog a very nasty urinal drain, a basement floor drain, and a plugged garbage disposal side of a kitchen sink. (All different addresses, in fact, different cities). Since I had six jobs to get done I needed to save all the time I could. Ro-pump to the rescue.

Ron, Thank you! What a tool! All I need now is a good way to store it in the truck instead of having it bounce around.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: Super Ro-Pump is Super!

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
    Sewer Ratz mentioned a while back how his Ro-Pump was very effective.

Since I like tools that work I tried to get one up this way. No luck. They apparently no longer make them. Then Ron somehow wangled one for me out of AJ Coleman after they told me they had sold their last one. (claimed it was display model or something.)

Anyway, when I got it the thing would not pump for nothing. You had to have mutant arm strength to operate the plunger pump handle. So it was useless to me. Then, one day some common sense seeped into the old noggin (finally) and I tried spraying some silicone lube spray inside the barrel. What a difference!

Yesterday I finally got the payoff. I successfully used the Ro-Pump to unclog a very nasty urinal drain, a basement floor drain, and a plugged garbage disposal side of a kitchen sink. (All different addresses, in fact, different cities). Since I had six jobs to get done I needed to save all the time I could. Ro-pump to the rescue.

Ron, Thank you! What a tool! All I need now is a good way to store it in the truck instead of having it bounce around.

lol yea spraying some silicone lube in there is a great help to making it move real easy. Try it on a bath tub on day. Put a wet rag in the over flow, then use the Ro-pump to suck out the blockage. Not sure which way you ended up using it (suction to pull the blockage) (force pump fill tube with water and make seal and force the water down), but you will get a feel for which works best on different drains.

I am glad you like the tool, it does come in handy, and yes you need to find a good spot to store it. My brother let his bounce around in the back of the truck and the 1065 happened to bounce on top of it and cracked the tube.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

When these were available what did they retail for ?

Comment

This is a new one on me. anyone have a picture ? I use one of those vacuum and pressure plungers and the vacuum works better but there cheap plastic and I would like to get something better even if I have to hunt one down. I have tried the keneck water rams with no success

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
          This is a new one on me. anyone have a picture ? I use one of those vacuum and pressure plungers and the vacuum works better but there cheap plastic and I would like to get something better even if I have to hunt one down. I have tried the keneck water rams with no success

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/rothenberg...rce-pump-p6280

Comment

Thanks AssTyme. I got to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              When these were available what did they retail for ?
              These been around for a while. AJ Coleman was selling them fo $100 a pop. Not sure what they retail for now. Got many bathtubs open, pulling out bottle caps, and hair blockages.

AJ Coleman makes a brass force pump as well not as larger as the Ro-Pump super, but still works great. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31430
              Ron's Facebook

Comment

ok. i'll bite. i've been using my shop vac to do that for a long, long time. works great. the only problem is that the homeowner can do it if they see you do it. i tell them they can do it and they say not with my vac you won't. lol. breid.............

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                  ok. i'll bite. i've been using my shop vac to do that for a long, long time. works great. the only problem is that the homeowner can do it if they see you do it. i tell them they can do it and they say not with my vac you won't. lol. breid.............
                  Well you can use it to force, or push the blockage away , as well as pulling the stoppage out. Clean up is real quick and simple, no need to find power or empty the tube since one the water goes down your tube is empty. It just simply works and works well. I love using it on plugged floor drains where the blockage is right in the trap. Lav sinks that have tons of the gunk in the pop up, I use the suction to pull out any hair and other solids out, then I fill the sink and let it go and pump the Ro-Pump handle back and forth to use the water to scour the pop up clean.

Do not get me wrong this is not for every drain blockage, its all using the right tool at the right time. Oh on water closets that the auger will not get open or can not pass through the blockage, this thing shines. You put the rubber in the water and slowly pull back on the handle to fill the tube with water, then make a seal with the large rubber in the trap way and give the handle a good push. The water you are forcing down the bowl clears the blockage 99% time.
                  Ron's Facebook

Comment

I just ordered one from this place today. At $72.40 delivered it's the cheapest I've found online.

http://cscindustrial.us/22.-Pipe_&_D...ing_Pumps.html
                    Last edited by AssTyme; 06-05-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Is this the same concept of the General Water Ram except it works both ways?
                      Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                      Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                        Your not pumping it up like a water ram, but similar concept. Lets see what the original poster has to say.
                        Ron's Facebook

Comment

Yep. It's a similar concept in that a pulse of pressure is being used to dislodge or move a blockage in the line.

Another difference is the Kinetic Water Ram can be pumped up to far, far, greater pressures than can be generated with the RoPump. After the trigger is pulled the kinetic water ram then has to be pumped up again. And as you mentioned only pressure can be applied with the Kinetic Water Ram.

On the other hand, the RoPump can be operated in such a way that suction and pressure are applied in extremely rapid succession. As fast as you can reverse your arm movement. (think of plunging, or sawing wood). In fact the RoPump is essentially a plunger on steroids. (imho)

I own both tools. I carry the RoPump on the truck, but not the Kinetic Water Ram. Space is limited, and I carry what I think is most useful, and makes the most sense. (Granted I'm a new convert to the RoPump.) If you get one, I suggest you keep some type of lube handy for the barrel that won't degrade plastic. I use silcone spray.
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Ordered one today from local trade supply I will let you know what I think as soon as I get a chance to use it.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

WOW A BI SEWER TOOL > LOL

the super looks like a horse tool.
                              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                              1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                              X