X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 1/2" Cleanout Plugs......

These are the most common size in my area. Why is it that nobody seems to carry them and if they do they are they slotted type. I can't even find them for a descent price online

Re: 3 1/2" Cleanout Plugs......

I know. I get the Cherne gripper in 3 1/2. It works well. Only one supply house in town has got them and they cost an arm and a leg. It seems that the threads on 3 1/2 are always junk too. Those drum trap style c/o are always a pain too. Hard to find replacement that seal desent.

Comment

Goto Hodes Co website. http://www.hodesco.com and in the product search search these Item codes out with out the text.
      • 90-592 gripper Plug 3 ½"
      • 70-414 slotted plastic plug 3 ½"
      • 70-310 counter sunk brass plug 3 ½"
      • 70-304 square head brass plug 3 ½"
      We been buying from Hodes for years. The product they carry is quality and we have been real happy with it. The brass plugs is real brass not that die-cast crap.
      If you are looking for good 17 Gauge p traps they have the best with the good brass hex nuts as well
      • 50-508 Ptrap 1 ½" 17 Guage
      • 50-504 P trap 1¼" 17 guage
      Last edited by SewerRatz; 06-08-2010, 02:20 PM.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        Goto Hodes Co website. http://www.hodesco.com and in the product search search these Item codes out with out the text.
        • 90-592 gripper Plug 3 ½"
        • 70-414 slotted plastic plug 3 ½"
        • 70-310 counter sunk brass plug 3 ½"
        • 70-304 square head brass plug 3 ½"
        We been buying from Hodes for years. The product they carry is quality and we have been real happy with it. The brass plugs is real brass not that die-cast crap.
        If you are looking for good 17 Gauge p traps they have the best with the good brass hex nuts as well
        • 50-508 Ptrap 1 ½" 17 Guage
        • 50-504 P trap 1¼" 17 guage

I'm looking for the 3 1/2" square head PVC/plastic plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          I'm looking for the 3 1/2" square head PVC/plastic plugs.
          Sorry never seen a 3½" plastic plug in a square head. Only the slotted ones as I posted the item #.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

No need to be sorry That's exactly what I'm talking about, they can't be found and when I did find some they wanted like $8.50 each

Comment

Just found some for $5.60 each. Still too much for a plastic plug lol Why is it that the 3 1/2" is so much more than the other sizes

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/cleanoutplugs.html

Comment

same thing here, you have to use ABS and at a cost of 5-8.00 a crack. when i see them on sale i buy them all. but i am now all out...
                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

I've never seen a 3-1/2" plastic plug. I use brass plugs for 3-1/2" cleanouts (Which are very common in my area).

3-1/2" is not a standard PVC size. I think that's why A) they're so hard to find and B) so flippin expensive if you can find them.

There are some "econo" or twist style plugs out there that work for 3-1/2". I keep a couple on the truck too.

Maybe all us midwesterners should just petition Charlotte Pipe

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                    I've never seen a 3-1/2" plastic plug. I use brass plugs for 3-1/2" cleanouts (Which are very common in my area).

3-1/2" is not a standard PVC size. I think that's why A) they're so hard to find and B) so flippin expensive if you can find them.

There are some "econo" or twist style plugs out there that work for 3-1/2". I keep a couple on the truck too.

Maybe all us midwesterners should just petition Charlotte Pipe
                    Same here I keep 3-1/2 brass stocked in the van and a few 3-1/2 fit-all's
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

3-1/2" plastic plugs are almost standard here just purchased 10 a few days ago. The cost was about $3.50 each. Every supply house in town has them.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                        3-1/2" plastic plugs are almost standard here just purchased 10 a few days ago. The cost was about $3.50 each. Every supply house in town has them.

Do any of them do mail order ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                          Do any of them do mail order ?
                          Pm me your info I'll get you a truckfull or whatever many you want.

Comment

3.5'' is the standard for a 4'' ibco. i have brass and abs in flush/ slotted and raised/ square head. they do cost more as they are more of a specialty fitting than a standard size.

wait till you need a 3.5'' gal nipple and see the price

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              3.5'' is the standard for a 4'' ibco. i have brass and abs in flush/ slotted and raised/ square head. they do cost more as they are more of a specialty fitting than a standard size.

wait till you need a 3.5'' gal nipple and see the price

rick.
                              Really,The counterperson looked at me like I was crazy when I ordered a 3.5x6 nipple for chasing threads.

I can't wait to get back over there tommorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X