Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud papa of new baby

Hey all,
    I am new to the forums.I am a self employed Master Plumber/ Master Gasfitter in Rockville, Md. I really enjoy the foums and looks like thing can get a little hairy from time to time .No pun intended. That being said . I recently had the pleasure of purchasing the k-60 ..Awsome machine. I have been a k-50 man for about 20 years and finally decided to upgrade. I have already done a preventative maintenance clearing of a 4" line. No problems, snaked down a roof top stack vent, and several other small drains with the 5/8" AND the k-50 drum attachments .They tend to keep spinning .Maybe I need to adjust some things there not sure yet...

Now I am pulling the trigger on the 1500 .I cannot pass up this deal , 1 yr. old used once with 105' cable , toolbox , hose , extra cutters $1500

Sound like a deal? I will keep yopu guys posted.

Anyhow , I am going to look/ purchase the 1500 today and will keep you guys posted . Have a good one, Terry
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Proud papa of new baby

it's a very good deal, but i doubt you'll have a large need for it unless you start doing a lot of nasty root stoppages and 6'' lines.

i just carry the cable and timberwolf. my 1500 sits in my shop looking pretty.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I am hoping to get ALOT of use out of the new machine..I would be kicking myself in the arse for not buying it.Like you mentioned Rick , at least it will look pretty on display. I keep ythe k60 on the truck ALWAYS.This bad boy will be pulled out and loaded up on an as needed basis

Comment

Hey Rick , I am still trying to find a pic of the timberwolf adapter..I have the dewalt version of the drill. Please tell me more ..Did you have to get a welder to make it or did you custom it yourself.I am still scratching my head on this one.Using a drill instead of the 1500. Idid run across a guy years ago that was using a spade handled drill in place of the machine..Really how safe is that? Any input is greatly appreciated, Terry

Comment

terry, it's nothing more than a cable connector with a 1/2'' hex shaft for the drill so it won't slip in the chuck. it can be either welded or pinned as long as you have a hole drilled to accept it.

the deal is i use general 10' sections and a couple of 4' sections when it gets nasty. the ridgid 15' section is fine until you have 14' of loose cable and you hit a bad spot. with the 10' and 4' innercore sections, i'm always a lot safer.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Welcome old1.
            Had a CRAZY night in Rockville once and I've got to say, I don't miss the place!

I use or should I say my trusty Edith uses the shaft and coupling from an Electric Eel model C machine. I don't have the part #'s in front of me just now and I'm too tired to look but let me know if you need them.

My trust Edith:
            Attached Files
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I use a shaft from the C too just used a grinder to flatten 3 sides so the drill wouldn't slip. General makes a rod adaptor for it too but it is very small, the shaft is much stronger and you can make or buy an adaptor so you can run all your Ridgid , EEL, and General, heads with it.

Comment

I would just buy it if pointed in the right direction

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=electric+eel
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                  X