X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 and drum attachments

Ok , here goes.I bought the k-60 .Awsome machine but every time I try using the drum attachments from the 50 the drum keeps spinning after I release the handle .I have to stop the drum from spinning by using my leg or hand . Is the k60 designed for the k50 drums.Or am I doing something wrong...Thanks all
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: K-60 and drum attachments

There is a member on here (or 2 or 3) that use the drum attachments, but Ridgid does not offer them as accessories for the 60 as the motor is overpowered for them.

Does your drum stop ok when used on your K-50? I'm wondering if your drum attachment might be funged up (that's a highly technical term btw).

You also might have the adjustment on the K-60 clutch too tight?

Hopefully one of the other guys will chime in.

I only use the drum attachment on my K-50

Comment

bill/ plumberscrack is 1 that had pretty decent success, but i don't think he ever ran it full speed. i think he just feathered it.

there is a screw adjustment on the drum that acts as a drag brake. you could try tightening it.

it really is overpowered with the k-60.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I bought the k-50 drum because of Bill's success with it. And I just feather the clutch bar and it works fine.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

On the old suitcase type 60 we had a drum but it was longer and had a friction ring clutch, and the suitcase didn't have as much power or spin as fast. I tried a k 50 drum and the WD-40 I had on the drum cable turned it in to a potato gun and it shot scrapings in to my eye. In the E room at the hospital they brought several med, students in to look at my eye through the microscope said something about it being a record for the most number of foreign objects in an eye, They had to call a doctor off the golf course to come in and get them out.He said something about safety glasses or something. But be careful if you use it looks like they changed things on the new 60 but I have seen sparks with the new one if the cable is dry and slips

Comment

I used the drum adapter on the K-60 for a few months before it was stolen. Never had any trouble with it but had to be careful with the speed for sure. Overspin was an issue at first but then Rick told me to use the brake screw to correct that. It's not something you want to use as an everyday machine. My lavy and tub stoppages number less than 4 per month so it didn't seem worth it to purchase a whole other machine just for those. I'm using the Auto-Spin now and have been very happy with it

Let the flaming begin

Comment

Thanks all,
              The thing is no matter what adjustments I make the drum does not stop spinning . I have to kinda stop it using my leg .Which is fine as long as I 'm wearing long pants.Going to keep fiddling..I know there is an sdjustment screw on the drum attachments BUT I am not sure if you adjust in or out to stop the spinning

Comment

tighten it. it rubs on a brass bushing/ washer. sort of like adjusting brakes on a car with drums.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Gotcha , Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X