Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Flow (multi shower head/jet) shower a bad idea or ok with mound septic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Flow (multi shower head/jet) shower a bad idea or ok with mound septic?

We are looking at building a new construction home, and the thought of a nice big shower with a multiple head/jet performance system appealed to us. I just had the thought though, and figured I should ask...would this be a disaster or ill advised given that the house would have a mound septic system. The shower systems I've been browsing have around a 13 gpm max rate when using all of the outlets.

Thanks in advance!

Re: High Flow (multi shower head/jet) shower a bad idea or ok with mound septic?

To many factors to give you an answer. It depends on your tank size, how many people live in the home? Is it a vacation home or full time residence? What kind of pump do you have for the mound system. Approx how big is your mound is it a small sandbox or we taking full playground sand box?

Comment

Re: High Flow (multi shower head/jet) shower a bad idea or ok with mound septic?

If none of it has been constructed yet and the big shower is on your wish list, have the system designed around your water usage needs. Contact the system designer, and the local regulator for specifics.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

moot question ???

if i understand correctly, the dept of energy will be limiting us to ONE 2.5 gpm shower head per compartment. could be as soon as june 18th. breid................

Comment

I would make sure you clean your filter on the system if it has one. Dirty filter with that high a flow many back ups. The system should take that that volume of water if sized correctly.

Comment

Working...
          X