X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Leads For Jobs

I have been contacted recently by some companies where I register my details and drain cleaning jobs will be sent to me to quote.
    Its only in the early stages at the moment but I assume this sort thing is common in the states?
    Is there similar sites in the states that do this.
    What about the aussie vic plumbers have you done this sort of stuff
    Regards
    Greg

Re: Internet Leads For Jobs

There are companies that will send you leads that you give a quote on. THey charge you per lead, and some of the leads are bogus, or get to you to late since the person called everyone in the phone book first, then used the online service.

The best online leads I get are from my website and google mapes which both are free. If someone contacts you about SOE (search egine optimazion) or lead generation, caveat emptor!
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Yea they have a few here and I run a list in them. Never got a job out of any of them. Some were free some wanted so much to list with them some wanted a bite out of what you made. I had my own web site but it was listed so far down the list that no one ever saw it and they wanted $ 200 to list it in a higher search engine. Most times if you have a yellow page add in the phone book you will already be listed on the Internet. Maybe someone else on here had better luck or maybe it is better over there. It just didn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
        I have been contacted recently by some companies where I register my details and drain cleaning jobs will be sent to me to quote.
        Its only in the early stages at the moment but I assume this sort thing is common in the states?
        Is there similar sites in the states that do this.
        What about the aussie vic plumbers have you done this sort of stuff
        Regards
        Greg
        I`m always getting these calls and I am always telling them to buggar off as I`m not going to pay them for the previlege of giving me work, I have found that I do get a lot of work from my web site for whenever someone goes to the yellow pages and brings up my suburb my trading name pops ups four or five below the others, but I still get a lookin googgle keeps phoning me trying to talk me into placing my add above the others but I am not going to get into a bidding war as to who is going to be on top look I am making enough for the hours I put in.
        Theirs an old saying "do you work to live" or "do you live to work"?

Tony

Comment

One I have used and had a little bit of success is seeking services you buy $50 worth of credits and use them to quote on jobs.
          It cost $20 to get 2 jobs which I made good money on.
          I reckon it would be good in capital cities ?
          Regards
          Greg

Comment

The suggestion that one's own web site and references on things like Google Maps can be a good source of leads holds a lot of merit. If you research service trends most consumers don't look at the yellow pages any longer, they go right to the internet and the search engines. This is a trend that is speeding up with the growing use of internet capable smart phones. So - beyond SEO (Search Engine Optimization) why not make the front door on your website as welcoming as possible for customers to ask you to help them?

One of the included features of RIDGIDConnect (www.ridgidconnect.com) is the ability for you to have pre-formatted HTML code that allows you to place not only a job report retreval window on your site, but also a request form. This form allows the end customer to ask you for help, provides their details, and even a means to upload media (Picture or Video) of what is wrong for you to look at. When they submit - you get an e mail alert and the job is created in the system. Very much an organized, streamlined process.

If you are going to try to generate leads on the internet - just be sure you have a process or plan for how you are going to follow up and prioritize your response.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X