X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you point the finger?

Jetted a bunch of sand (expected) and a whole lot of pipe shaped bits of poorly set up concrete fines out of some area drains today (unexpected). I mean, a bunch of concrete, like 3 five gal buckets full of broken up slabs about 1/4" thick that had set up on top of the sand. Thank God it was just the cream and no aggregate made it in.

There is maybe 300'-400' of new concrete where someone has broke out some old cracked slabs and replaced them in the patio these drains serve. I know where that concrete came from.

Do you bust them? Just tell cutomer 'There was concrete in the drain' and let them connect the dots if they can? Or what?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Do you point the finger?

My father always told me never blame the other guy. Just tell them what you found, and if they ask how it got in there, just tell them the truth, you have no idea. Which is true, you have no real idea that the guys that did the recent work caused the issue or just added to it.

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    Jetted a bunch of sand (expected) and a whole lot of pipe shaped bits of poorly set up concrete fines out of some area drains today (unexpected). I mean, a bunch of concrete, like 3 five gal buckets full of broken up slabs about 1/4" thick that had set up on top of the sand. Thank God it was just the cream and no aggregate made it in.

There is maybe 300'-400' of new concrete where someone has broke out some old cracked slabs and replaced them in the patio these drains serve. I know where that concrete came from.

Do you bust them? Just tell cutomer 'There was concrete in the drain' and let them connect the dots if they can? Or what?
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I often narc off fools that do things like this Ace. What they figured there would be no way for somebody too see what they or him did? Sad work makes all contractors look bad when in fact 10% are probably bad and the other 90% have to endure their mistakes from the public. If I make a mistake or my guys I own it.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I would tell the customer what I found, that I noticed the new cement and while I don't know for sure, common sense would indicate that as the source of the problem.
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

well agreed with trent2

Comment

that's about what I did...told them I saw the new concrete and while I'd have to takes samples to the CSI lab to be sure, I thought it was pretty likely that that was where it came from.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
              that's about what I did...told them I saw the new concrete and while I'd have to takes samples to the CSI lab to be sure, I thought it was pretty likely that that was where it came from.

Comment

Working...
              X